Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Can guests choose to not write a review?

Andrea280
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Can guests choose to not write a review?

You are given  14 days after you checkout to write a review, but is there any penalty if you do not write one?

I've hosted 2 families in the last couple of weeks and neither wrote a review. That really stinks for my listing since reputation is built on getting reviews. Is there any way to force those guests to review their stays?

2 Replies 2
Anastasia7
Level 2
Kazan, Russia

How can you possibly force a guest to write a review?? Get real.

You could send them a message after a week , to remind them if they enjoyed their visit to please be so kind to write a short review as it would be appreciated.

Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

I'm not sure where you are located, or what the average guest situation is, but where I am is more of a throughway and I usually ask guests how much driving they have ahead of them.  Cell phone service is spotty from here to anywhere, making the liklihood of someone writing the review on the way really unlikely.  I agree about a week is enough time for most guests to get back home/in their regular routine, and then be receptive to sitting down and writing that review. 

You can even frame it in a caring way, i.e. "I hope you have arrived home safely, thank you again for your stay.  I completed your reivew and said this "blah blah".  If you have a moment would you consider reviewing your stay?"