Can't accept a booking even though the calendar is clear

Kristina493
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Can't accept a booking even though the calendar is clear

Hi All, 

I am new to this, I got a 3 month stay inquiry and whilst we were confirming details an auto- booking was confirmed on the system for a short stay during the same period. 

I declined / cancelled the short stay and now I can't accept the long stay booking. THe inquiry reflects as NOT POSSIBLE and I have cleared the calendar and ensured the entire period is clear on the platform. 

WHen I try to amend it still shows the cancelled booking on the calendar no matter how hard I try.

I mailed support and was told I need to escalate, but where to? I could initially find the HELP button easily but now it is no longer present where I found it originally - so not sure if I have been flagged or something for asking for help too much or having an open ticket that no one is responding to?

Please help! she arrives in 5 days!

Kris

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Kristina493 The cancelled booking dates are permanently blocked, I’m afraid. The long term guest can’t book because those blocked dates fall in the middle. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/990/as-a-host-what-penalties-apply-if-i-cancel-a-reservation-for-...

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kristina493  Booking priority is on a first to pay, first to get the booking basis. So an IB booking will always take precedence over an inquiry that you hhaven't yet pre-approved and the guest hasn't yet paid for.

As a new host, you need to read up about things like cancelling before you take actions.

But it's actually not a good idea to take a 3 month booking anyway- Airbnb  doesn't provide the protections needed for more than 28 day bookings, and for  a new host to accept a 3 month booking is a bad idea.