How can I add a payment method?

Answered!
Jenoa0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

How can I add a payment method?

I am trying to add a new payment method to my account through my account settings. 

When I follow the steps from Airbnb in this article there is no Add Payment Method button. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/823/how-do-i-edit-or-remove-a-payment-method

I already have 2 CCs there but I need to add a new one. 

Any help would be great! 

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about adding a payment method by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Editing, removing, or adding a payment method

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

142 Replies 142

Im facing the same issue.

Lucas530
Level 1
Sorrento, CA

Ok , you need to got to airbnb.com and update your payment method from there, will not work on the app and then go to each individual booking and select your new payment method. That is what worked for me anyways.

this way works for me too. ty

Stefan2398
Level 1
Bucharest, RO

Faced the same problem - no suggested solution worked.

I managed to pay using the google pay option. Don't bother with something else.

It's a real shame for AirBnB to have this type of cheap issues.

Ibrahim98
Level 1
Mecheria, DZ

Hii

Natch6
Level 2
Cameron, WI

I have the same issue. I called call center twice, but there is no help. They said it's security issue. Very poor technical support and didn't seem care much about customer. Very disappoint to the company that locate in the area that has a lot of good programmers. Cannot even solve the major bug.

Ashley869
Level 1
Fort McMurray, CA

SOLUTION: I’ve been trying all day and tried everything possible!! Called bank twice and everything was good on my end. Called Airbnb twice and gave me the same answer that they gave everyone else. Wait 24 hours was my last answer. Anyways tried different devices and 3 different cards.
i didn’t use the APP to complete my purchase

ive went through Safari and used the Google Pay and it worked!!! I tried Apple Pay before the google pay and it didn’t work nor would my paypal either. So I would defiantly give it a try! Good luck 

Alex6491
Level 1
Timișoara, RO

Possible problem: Because you were in the process of reservation you are not alowed to change your payment method for security reasons. 

Solution:

1. Close all you Airbnb windows, app aso. 

2. Make sure you don't have any windows or apps opened on other devices

3. Go to profile - account- payment and update your payment method. 

PS. AirBnB, you suck! For not explining this well since there are so many people here having this issue. I personaly wated an hour an a half with this **bleep**!

Leah335
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

I got it to work!!!

I was attempting to add the payment method through Safari, both in a private browser and public. It was not working.

I opened Google Chrome browser and successfully added the credit card with the first try, hope this helps. 

Has anyone found a fix yet?

Nick786
Level 1
Portland, OR

I got a gift card but I can't add it to my account unless there is a payment method added. There is no way on the account settings page to add a payment method so I'm stuck. It seems crazy that this issue has been going on for so long without resolution.

Fabrício8
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I got it working by changing the site currency to USD.

I think we've finally found a fix here. Just did this and it worked. Finally after a year of "figuring it out" by ourselves 😂

Got it to work here following your tip. Thanks a lot!

Thank you! It worked here as well.