How can I add a payment method?

Answered!
Jenoa0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

How can I add a payment method?

I am trying to add a new payment method to my account through my account settings. 

When I follow the steps from Airbnb in this article there is no Add Payment Method button. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/823/how-do-i-edit-or-remove-a-payment-method

I already have 2 CCs there but I need to add a new one. 

Any help would be great! 

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about adding a payment method by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Editing, removing, or adding a payment method

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

142 Replies 142
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Jenoa0

If it is possible for you, could you see this link :  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/54/how-do-i-edit-or-change-my-payout-method 

Thanks, 

Miloud

That’s for payout not payment

Jeffrey19
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

i am having the same problem and customer help is no help. They just speak English poorly and leave you on hold if you can even get them to get you a supervisor.  Then after 3 or 4 hours of trying, I got a Tagalog speaking supervisor.

Carolyn342
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

I haven't been paid for the last month as it keeps on wanting me to add accounts when my details have not changed!!

What do I have to do!

Help please

Sergey71
Level 1
Lviv, Ukraine

I have the same problem.
Guys, any ideas ?
I think I can't book the flat, because of it.

I am having the same problem!! So frustrating.

Alvaro221
Level 3
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi there. Airbnb it is not allowing me to add my credit card. It is the same one that I've been using for almost 2 years. The credit card is still valid (indeed, I've just booked my flight tickets with it). Any tips or advice? It is almost impossible to get help by phone.

Alvaro221
Level 3
Buenos Aires, Argentina

it says "

Let’s try that again
This credit card can’t be added right now. Please wait and try again later. You can also try using a previously added credit card or a different way to pay, such as PayPal."

same problem

Same problem

I had the same problem. I tried to turn off phone wifi and use mobile data as some suggested here. First, it didn't work, then I forced the app to close and tried again, then it finally worked! 🙂

Same here. I have tried everything. If anyone has any idea, please, be kind and share. I have tried with two different credit cards. Is there a possibility that airbnb does not accept credit card that's not on my name? Because, last time I booked, everything worked properly. And customer support service did not say anything about that as an issue. 

Jason1853
Level 1
Wadebridge, United Kingdom

I don’t know if you eventually sorted this issue. Today, June 2022, I am now encountering this problem. I have learnt it’s my bank refusing to work with the Air BnB card registration method. To register a new payment card Air BnB requests a small deduction from your bank account to, I guess, verify the account is valid. However, my bank isn’t allowing this procedure because of the sheer quantity of fraudsters employing this procedure, eventually making larger deductions. This is the long version short. My own and one or two other banks have been burned this way since Air BnB is popular with fraudsters and between Air BnB and many financial providers there has been no collaboration to get around this problem. So speak to your bank and see if this is the case.

Hi!

Funny you mention this. I tried to add my Amex on friday, it didn't let me, I tried paying with the card I've always used with this platform... it didn't let me pay... 

Di you have the issue with a card that you already had registered also?