How can I add a payment method?

Answered!
Jenoa0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

How can I add a payment method?

I am trying to add a new payment method to my account through my account settings. 

When I follow the steps from Airbnb in this article there is no Add Payment Method button. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/823/how-do-i-edit-or-remove-a-payment-method

I already have 2 CCs there but I need to add a new one. 

Any help would be great! 

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about adding a payment method by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Editing, removing, or adding a payment method

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

142 Replies 142
Madeline143
Level 1
St. Petersburg, FL

Having the same issue. Per Airbnb Support, you CANNOT add new payment methods to make payments for existing reservation. I have a new credit card that I am trying to make a payment with and they flat out won't process it. This is THE DUMBEST policy I have ever heard of. 

That's a ridiculous policy.    I've been trying to add a new CC for an existing reservation for the last 3 hours.   The error message isn't even clear.   

Laura5649
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem - old debit card expired, but every time I try to add my new one I get a generic error saying I can't add it right now. So I can't pay for my upcoming booking. I've tried contacting Airbnb but they're useless, and keep directing me to the general guide for adding a card, which obviously I already know or I wouldn't have come across the error in the first place...

Jessica2856
Level 1
Shelburne, VT

I had the same issue on all devices with all apps. For me, the problem ended up being my bank. My bank sent me a message to confirm possible "fraudulent charges". Once I confirmed that the $1.00 charge (which is then reimbursed) from Airbnb was not fraudulent,  I was able to add my payment method.

Sutian0
Level 1
Palembang, Indonesia

It's 20 Oct 2022 and I am experiencing this add payment method problem. I tried with 3 different cards and all cannot be added. I asked for help with the support team but the guy kept saying I had to call the bank and ask to solve the payment issue. I had called and there is no problem with the banks.
the I tried searching on google and found this thread! to my relief it is not only me experiencing this but to my disappointment, how can such thing happen? we want to pay but cannot!
Is anyone experiencing this too now??

Julieno0
Level 2
Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

i change currency to USD and used paypal..its worked guys

Нікіта0
Level 1
Obukhiv, Ukraine

hi all! guess what? I inserted 5 zeros instead of my real index and the system added my card! so you try this as well.

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about adding a payment method by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Editing, removing, or adding a payment method

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines