How can I add a payment method?

Answered!
Jenoa0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

How can I add a payment method?

I am trying to add a new payment method to my account through my account settings. 

When I follow the steps from Airbnb in this article there is no Add Payment Method button. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/823/how-do-i-edit-or-remove-a-payment-method

I already have 2 CCs there but I need to add a new one. 

Any help would be great! 

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about adding a payment method by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Editing, removing, or adding a payment method

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

142 Replies 142
Maja191
Level 1
Poznań, Poland

I had the same problem but opened airbnb on my phone and it worked! 🙂

Did the same and it worked.

No thanks to AirBnb: there's just no way to contact them.

The toll free number in America just says it's not in use anymore and the one in San Fran just gives you an automated message that leads nowhere.

AirBnb, your customer service is horrendous. I wasted 45 minutes on this.

Anna9564
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Had the same issue: "Payment can't be added right now..." I used the app using my cell data and changed the currency from USD to Euros and it let me add my new card. Then I changed my currency back to USD. This is definitely a system-wide glitch that needs to be fixed.

I'm having the same problem. I deleted my card info because I needed to update the expiration date and CVV code, then I tried to add the card back with the new exp date and CVV code and the application would not accept it. No error message. It just reverted back to the date entry screen.  Airbnb support staff (in the Philippines I think) have no idea what to do. They act like they've never heard of this problem before.

If anyone has a definitive answer to how to fix this problem, please let me know. Thanks. 

That seems to be badly designed app. same issues, I had to use PayPal method to book the property, I hope it might help.

273A4D90-D3D5-4856-AA6E-79AE636E5584.png

this appears blank.. wtf?!

Roman437
Level 1
Cherkasy Oblast, Ukraine

I have the same problem

Tiina29
Level 1
Hong Kong

Very frustrating and Airbnb support was no help

But Try this!

But when we followed someone's instructions here, and we changed the currency to my credit card currency (instead of local currency) it worked!

Corey218
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Did anyone find a solution?

Timothy450
Level 2
PJ, Malaysia

I have been having the same issue and all airbnb support say is they will pass to the technical staff...

I did the following

1. change browser

2. use on another os

3. clear cache

4. use another card

5. use mobile app

6. called credit card and no issue

7. create new user.

all the above still DID NOT allow me to add..

Really bad.

Made two reservations. Payment was declined on both. Turns out the bank denied the charges bc they feared fraud. Once I told them the charges were legit, they did what they needed to do so they charges would be allowed. Tried to pay again, the system wouldn't proceed. Went to manage payments, removed my card, tried adding my credit card and debit card, and the system wouldn't let me add either payment method. I tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge) and tried multiple devices (phone, ipad, laptop). None of that worked. I downloaded the app to my phone, turned off wifi as some suggested, and I still couldn't add the credit or debit card. Tried changing currency as others suggested, no luck.This is beyond frustrating. I didn't bother calling Airbnb b/c I had a horrible experience in the past and noticed comments in this thread saying customer support was useless. I created a paypal account, and finally I was able to add that to my payment methods and  successfully pay before my reservations cancelled for nonpayment. It was an enormous waste of time, and it was incredibly frustrating and stressful given I was about to lose my reservations. I don't undersand why this glitch hasn't been resolved given that it has impacted people since 2019 (based on comments here). I will look into VRBO b/c I am so over the issues with AirBNB and the inability to quickly and easily reach a support person who can actually help. Really ridiculous. 

Mark-Simon0
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I found a solution!

use your mobile data when adding a payment method. I am based in Dubai and it seems that my wifi is rejecting my request to add a payment method on the air bnb app. When I switched to mobile data, it went through! if it does still not work, use VPN, close the app and open it again, and add your card.... I am sure it will go through!

before you were able to add the card... if you used the phone... did the "next" button on the card details page activate?

Mine is grayed out...

Georgina225
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Issue I'm having is I can't add my Amex from the phone, I add all the details and then the button "next" is still greyed out... like if I'm missing something... also tried from the laptop, different browsers and still get the same. 

Let’s try that again 
There was an error adding your payment method. Check the information you entered and try again.
I tried Friday night, yesterday morning, now.... 
It didn't let me pay with my usual payment method either.... which is my debit card associated to this account since long ago.
Paula2029
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

It’s June 2022 and I am having the same issue and the customer service people are just telling me to wait and try again later?????