Can't cancel a reservation..

Answered!

Can't cancel a reservation..

I am trying to cancel a reservation that begins tomorrow due to an emergency in my cabin. When I try to process the cancellation I repeatedly get "There was an error processing your request". I have to get the done pronto, so the guest can book at another space. Help please.

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You are trying to cancel a reservation that is in the next 24 hours so you need to contact Air BNB.  Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I hope you have a legitimate reason to cancel because it really hurts the host when guests cancel.  Take care

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You are trying to cancel a reservation that is in the next 24 hours so you need to contact Air BNB.  Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I hope you have a legitimate reason to cancel because it really hurts the host when guests cancel.  Take care

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Wayne53,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I'm sorry to hear about the emergency surrounding your cabin. I was wondering if you were able to reach Airbnb as @Linda108 has advised? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi, Sorry for the late response. I was eventually able to make contact with Airbnb support and they were able to step in and help my guest find an acceptable outcome after I had to cancel their reservation, due to an emergency. I was very appreciative for the support! Thank you for responding to my SOS, Wayne.

Xavi551
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Its impossible to cancel a reservation? The instructions are wrong !! Not working. I have a free resrvation but the web don't show uo this option. Unbelivable !!!

I am unable to cancel my reservation too! I've been trying all day and the customer service is helpless.