Can't change email address

Celeste58
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

Can't change email address

I have tried changing my email address on my profile but it does not save. I go to profile then change the address then save - then it asks me for my facebook password and then nothing happens.

36 Replies 36

Had the same issue. Here is the solution. 

Problem: Can't change email address because my account is tie to my FB account, thus my Airbnb email address is the same as my FB email address. Every time I try to change my email, the system opens up a FB window and prompts me to enter my FB passwaord, then nothing happens. 

Solution: Disconnect your FB account from Airbnb account. After that, you will be able to change your email address successfully! 

Step by step guide: 

Click on your Photo icon -> Trust and Verification -> Disconnect Facebook

Click on your Photo icon -> Edit Profile -> Enter your new email address and click save -> the system will prompts you to enter your Airbnb password (likely your FB password) -> DONE! 

Let me know if this help! (or doesn't) 

Anna1982
Level 1
Geelong West, Australia

I’m connected via Google. I can’t find a ‘trust and verification’ option, but that might be because I added my image rather than connecting to Facebook. It shouldn’t be this hard to change an email address. Thanks for your suggestion though. 

I entered my FB password but it said incorrect password, what should I do?

Thank you a lot! 

It helps me finally to change the email. 

This does not work since you have no password when registering via Facebook.

Here is the definitive solution:

Click on your Photo icon -> Trust and Verification -> Disconnect Facebook

Click on your Photo icon -> Edit Profile -> Enter new email address -> Click save -> Click Forgot Password

Click on the button in the email you'll receive and then enter the confirmation code they send to your phone.

Enter your (new) Password.

Click on your Photo icon -> Edit Profile -> Enter new email address -> Click save ->Enter your password

Lusine7
Level 1
Yerevan, Armenia

Hi everybody,
I want to change my email, but it says 'Email has already been taken'.
How can I solve this issue?

Chee-Teong0
Level 1
George Town, Malaysia

same for me, anyone know how to solve it?

Oxana29
Level 1
Minsk, Belarus

I faced the same problem 'Email has already been taken'. Can't solve anyhow (

Bob392
Level 1
South Windsor, CT

I can't change my email address either.   May have to open a brand new account?

Emma1885
Level 1
Rome, Italy

I am also going crazy over this - Airbnb have my phone number & are linked in with my facebook account - but I have just spent over 2 hours trying to get someone on customer service line to help me - I have just discovered that my Airbnb account is linked w a really old email that I haven't been able to use for years - so i can't change password (which i obvs don't remember) because it is always sending it out to that dead email, and i can't change email, cos I don't know password  -  I JUST DO NOT BELIEVE THERE IS NO WORK AROUND FOR THIS!!! I have spoken to 5 people - the last person said that someone higher up was gonna call me right back...I think they are offering really poor customer service - what are they taking a cut of everything for left right and centre if they don't have a techie person who can sort out what i would think is a fairly straight forward issue...

pretty disgusted with their lack of knowledge (although they have remained polite - however i don't want my 'expectations managed' - i just want this sorted!!!!!!!!!!)

and from what i am reading here I am obvs not the only person for whom this is an issue!!!

Come on - get this sorted!!!!

I am having this same issue!  I changed emails a year ago and didn't realize I didn't update it with AirBnB.  I am now trying to update it and it won't let me without sending a reset link to the old email that is defunct. I have trips coming up and I also don't want to lose my history and reviews but they are telling me there is nothing they can do.  This seems utterly ridiculous!

I am also having an incredibly tough time with this. I can't believe how hard it is to change an email. 

I just ran into this and you're right.  It is a legitimate privacy concern as if your email was recycled someone else could have access to private information.  It is a breach of privacy and security standards.  I work on those standards.  

This will catch up to them. 

Flora147
Level 1
Leeds, United Kingdom

My email account has been closed so I think disconnecting my Facebook account will lock me out completely. Any help changing my email? Customer service said they could cancel my holiday so I could make a new account. What a ridiculous situation for an email change.

Make a privacy complaint to the EU.  Someone could have access to your old email account and be receiving your personally identifiable information.