Can't find setting for security deposit and cancellation charges

Can't find setting for security deposit and cancellation charges

Hi. Can anyone point me the place where I can set the details for security deposit and cancellation terms/charges. I can't seem to find this two settings and my listing is on hold from publishing just because of this. Thanks.

6 Replies 6
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lewis11,

For the security deposit setting click on "Host", then "Manage listings", then "Manage listing" and then "Pricing".

Then scroll down and click the "Edit" button in the "Extra charges" section. Scroll down again until you find the "Security deposit" box, enter the value and click on "Save".

For the cancellation policy setting click on "Host", then "Manage listings", then "Manage listing" and then "Booking settings".

Then scroll down and click on the "Edit" button in the "Policies" section. Scroll down again until you see the "Cancellation poplicy" section and click on the button for the policy you want. Then click on "Save".

For reference the different policy terms are at this link cancellation_policies.

Steve.

Hi Steve.

Your are most helpful.

I have tried to locate it but really can't find it. Do I need to publish my listing first?

What I can see is from the Host tab

"Host" "Manage Listings" 'Your Lisitng"/"Your Reservations"/"Reservations Requirements"/etc (At left side)...and I don't see any "Pricing" there.

Likewise I can't find the "Booking Settings" tab

Hello @Lewis11,

I see it by clicking first on "Host", then clicking "Manage listings" in that list, then clicking on "Manage listings" and then clicking on "Manage listing". That shows a page with my listing and it has "Pricing" and "Booking settings" mentioned in a line at the top.

The layout has changed so maybe the previous one still aplies in some countries.

If you can't find it then @Annette33's suggestions will see you OK.

Steve

Hi Steve, just found this old question about security deposits. Do you know if it is possible to view or edit using the host settings? The help files say the setting can only be controlled using api-connected software. Thank you!

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Lewis11 , it can be quite frustrating... a lot of it is intuitive and often changes... also different if you are on mobile or on desktop. which one are you on?

aside from the great pointers @Steve143 made, I think you can safely go ahead and publish your listing: 

it will probably put you into the "flexible" cancellation mode automatically. then go into your  listing, find "extra pricing" and add the security deposit there. once you are up, it will be much easier  to see where your cancellation terms are, click on it then and change to moderate, or strict, whichever you  prefer. Good luck, and happy hosting!

Hi @Steve @Annett0e

The problem is resolved. The main thing is to publish it first as suggested by Annette. Then all the settings for Deposit and Cancellation will appear as mentioned by you.

Thanks both of you for your fast and helpful tips.