Can't get ahold of host OR Airbnb support

Answered!
Veronica826
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Can't get ahold of host OR Airbnb support

I made a reservation more than a week ago. Immediately after making it, I realized that the dates were wrong so I requested a change of dates by three days, and also emailed the host letting them know. This was 5 minutes after my initial reservation. I waited for two days and still heard no word at all from the host. If I had known she would have been unresponsive, I would have just cancelled and re-done my reservation but of course I didn't know that she would not answer. At this point, I wrote the Airbnb support and let them know of the situation. After not hearing back from them, I wrote again requiring about cancelling and getting a full refund so I can choose another spot for my vacation. Since it has been more than a week now, I would really rather just collect a full refund and work with a host who I can count on getting back to me. I have now reached out to Airbnb about five times both online and over the phone. I am so frustrated and at a loss! I am on pause planning my vacation because I don't want to book my new place without getting my refund from the old place.  Has anyone dealt with anything similar? Any advice or knowledge on how long I might have wait to hear from anyone?

1 Best Answer
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Veronica826,

In your situation, I would inquire with my credit card company regarding my options for a chargeback.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16

@Veronica826, ugh, so sorry you have to deal with this. Booking an Airbnb is definitely risky right now. You just have to hope you are set up with a good host since Airbnb customer support is basically nonexistent. What are you paying a 20% service fee for?! Do you have a Facebook? Contact Airbnb through their social media and demand they help you cancel this reservation or they are not getting any more business from you!

@Emilia42  I don't have a Facebook or else I would definitely use that outlet to reach out to Airbnb about my situation.. I have always been lucky in the past with very communicative hosts and this situation has been very frustrating. I did resort to contacting my bank to dispute the charge. I hate to go this route but since it has now been two week with literally no response from the host OR the help center, I really feel like it's my only option!