Can't take Sunday Airbnb reservation if I have a Mon VRBO check-in

Edward97
Level 2
Flagstaff, AZ

Can't take Sunday Airbnb reservation if I have a Mon VRBO check-in

So my cabin was not appearing on Airbnb searches for a Sunday that I had open.  I called Airbnb support and they said that I would not appear as available on Sunday if I have Monday blocked off due to a VRBO check-in on that day... This made no sense to me so I reached out to other avenues of support, like Twitter ,and sure enough there is no way for someone to book my cabin on a Sunday if Monday is booked through another service.... This is crazy, my Sunday guest would check out by 11 a.m. on Monday and my Monday night guest would not arrive until 3 p.m. my turn over settings on Airbnb are set to same day turn over ..

the customer service representative on the phone actually suggested that I change Monday to 'available' in my calendar to accept a Sunday night stay. This is insane! It invites a duplicate listing for Monday night!!

Has anyone else run into this?  Have you found a workaround or some better way to sync calendars??

3 Replies 3
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

There is a facility to block a night after check-out to allow for cleaning on Airbnb. It is possible that this might be set on Airbnb and is being picked up. If you have it set, this would prevent the Monday check-out by not booking the Sunday night.

Check your Airbnb settings to find if you have this set. If not... stumped!?

Edward97
Level 2
Flagstaff, AZ

Like I said, I don't have a cleaning day. My turn over time is set to 0 days. 

For some reason Airbnb shows a Sunday booking, for example on July 21st, as covering the 21st and 22nd. If I have a VRBO guest who comes in on the 22nd it won't allow me to book the 21st, even though the VRBO guests will not arrive until 3 p.m. on the 22nd..... I don't know if this is an issue with the way VRBO syncs up calendars (intentionally to block out Airbnb??) or if this is some issue with the way Airbnb reads my synced calendar....

If this is something VRBO is doing to mess with Airbnb then it's working, I'm like 80% + VRBO bookings now... And my availability on the Airbnb calendar is far more limited than it should be because it blocks off an extra day at the beginning of each VRBO stay...

I guess no one else has this issue, I'm starting to take it personally! 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Edward97 

Just wondering... is there anywhere you can set time zones? Is there a conflict?