Can´t verify my mobile phone number

Michael617
Level 1
Munich, Germany

Can´t verify my mobile phone number

Dear Community,

I am trying to verify my mobile phone number, but always get the following error "Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number."

It is a German Mobile and I have selected the correct Präfix +49. I have tried my number with a leading 0 and without it. Both doesn´t work.

Looking forward for some advice.

Thanks,

Michael

108 Replies 108
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Michael617,

Several people have mentioned problems getting the verification code sent to their phone so perhaps Airbnb's database of mobile phone numbers isn't correct or up to date.

You should contact them to see if they can correct this or send the verification code by some other means.

Methods of contacting Airbnb can be found in the "Community Help Guides" article that you'll see when you click on the "Get support" link on the main page of this community help forum.

That main page is the one you get to when you select "Ask the community".

Steve.

airbnb customer service is useless. Offshore and all they do is apologize for the inconvenience.

I have the same problem and cannot add my mobile to my profile, the same error msg  "Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number" comes up without any exceptions, from every single browser, with cleaned cache, etc.

Writing to the support does not work - I get responses that I have to give a valid phone number which I do have! The last response was that they would look into it but  many days later there is no news.

I am not able to book without having the phone number and I am not able to get any help. Any ideas anyone?

Sagar6
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. 

Error message:

"Je zal een ander telefoonnummer moeten gebruiken, aangezien wij deze niet ondersteunen."

Hi,

I was able to solve this via numerous messages and calls to the support.  The problem is indeed Airbnb in a way that they do not accept mobile numbers from providers like Lycamobile or other that provide cheap rates. Airbnb wants you to have an expensive SIM from an expensive company and this is the only way to get your mobile verified. 

Sagar6
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, Indeed I am using Lyca Mobile and that explains why am I getting this issue. 

You saved me quite a bit of time. Thanks!

you are very welcome 🙂

Airbnb should fix this shameful bit!

Julan0
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have had the same problem today: trying to verify my number but received the same message (You'll need to use a different phone number, we can't support this one.). I have tried to omit the zero, use the application but they did not work. What did work with me, is using a genuine Virgin Media mobile number. So what you need, if you have a UK mobile number, is a SIM card that you bought from one of the main Mobile providers like Virgin Media, Vodafone, etc. And you haven't transferred your number to them from companies like Lycamobile (that what had happened to me as I was using Vodafone number which was originally Lycamobile.)

This is the reason support give but it's not true. My number is from my country's largest (and most expensive) provider, not an MVNO that does supermarket SIM cards.

Me too, Telstra.  How did you solve this, or does it mean that Airbnb doesn't support Telstra users?  That'd be ridiculous

I have Verizon and my husband has TMobile and I cannot do it either.  😞

I have three numbers here in the US, all cell numbers and all on T-MOBILE. Never had an account issue with Air BNB and now I may lose out on renting a property becuase of this issue. 

This appears to be the best answer.  I use magic jack app and have used the same number for a decade, but AirBNB will not support it. 😞

Tim266
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

this is ridiculous...