Can't view my messages in the inbox

Olivia5
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Can't view my messages in the inbox

Hello,

For some reason, I cannot view my messages. I'm trying to book an apartment, but when I click on a host's response, I get a blank page with only the host's profile picture and name.

I've tried Firefox, Opera, and now I'm going to try Safari and Chrome.

Thanks,

Olivia

32 Replies 32
Anna402
Level 2
Tartu, Estonia

Hello, Olivia!

The same is happening to me for a few days now. First, the TOP RIGHT HAND MENU does not seem to work, and when I finally worked my way to the Inbox via Dashboard, I can see my Inbox, but when clicking on a message thread, only a blank page opens. The same with all the message history of all the guests, even with those that are pending/future reservations...
Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to contact Airbnb directly about this technical issue (they don't even seem to have that option in the Help section), so I'm writing here, hoping that someone out there knows what to do.

Best regards,
Anna

Here's the blank page that opens when I click on a message thread. It's been like this for a few days. I'm using Safari on a MacBook Pro.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 12.59.15.png

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anna402,

Nice to meet you. Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your account. 

I wonder have you tried clearing your cache and browser history as I have found this solves this sort of display issue in the past. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello, Lizzie!

Thank you for your reply.

Although, neither deleting the history nor clearing caches didn't do the trick. Any other suggestions?

Anna

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anna402,

Thanks for trying this, sorry to hear it didn't help. 

I would recommend contacting the Support Team about this and they can take a look at your account, especially as it doesn't appear that other hosts are experiencing this issue. Here is a useful Community Guide (created by a host here in the CC), on the different ways to reach them. 

Let me know how you get on if you can. Plus, if you find a solution, it would be great to hear it, as other hosts in the future might find this useful. 🙂

Good luck,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Raelyn0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Anne 

I'm experiencing the same problem. Have you resolved this. If I log in with my husbands ipad I can read the messages but not on my ipad in either chrome or safari

regards

Raelyn

Susanna60
Level 2
Maryland, United States

Hi Lizzie,

The same thing has happened to me for a month.  I can't open up my messages as it's just a blank page.  Are there any REAL people or customer support to talk to? 

By the way, there are quite a few of us out her that are in the same boat.....about to capsize.

Thank you,

Susanna

After the recent changes and updates that have been done with the website, I can't even view my CALENDAR any more, nor access my own LISTING to edit it. Any comments from the support team? Have you perhaps overlooked Safari users? It is really hard to manage the listing if the site is not working properly...

Regards,

Anna

I’m having the same issue as well.  I have tried logging in through the app, website as well as on different devices. I am unable to access any conversations.

Steve503
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi lizze How do I get the app to show my guests not where I’ve been

steve

Is your browser updated to the latest version?  Have you installed plugins or changed settings affecting pop ups or JavaScript?  If not, have you had one of my fellow geeks assist you with your computer?   I've seen some of my colleagues make "helpful" changes without telling the client.

AirBNB, like so many other websites, depends far too much on JavaScript.  Yes, it makes the user experience better for the majority, but the minority gets royally screwed.

If you think this may be the cause, you may have to have an expert fix it for you.  I'd volunteer, but it requires me to be there in person.  I used to help with things like this by remote control, but my tools for that are on a computer that is dead at the moment.

—— 
Wes Groleau
伟思礼

Hi Wes,

I'm using Safari 9.1.3 and my computer usually prompts when a new version is available, so it should be up-to-date. And anyways, everything worked alright before, this problem started only recently, without any changes from my part. 
JavaScript is enabled, as are plug-ins for Airbnb website. Blocking pop-up windows is not relevant in this case I think – tried both blocking and allowing, didn't make any difference.
I realise the team wants to improve the website regularly, but it should be done in a user-friendly way.
I haven't contacted the Support Team yet, but I will eventually when I get the time.

Best,
Anna

Raelyn0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

hi Lizzie

I still have the problem with the messages in the Inbox as descibed above.  How do I contact support?

regards

Raelyn

It seems that over time, as the website has been gone through some changes, the problem has been solved. I can now see my Messages and conversations with guests as I used to. And still using Safari.