Can't view my messages in the inbox

Olivia5
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Can't view my messages in the inbox

Hello,

For some reason, I cannot view my messages. I'm trying to book an apartment, but when I click on a host's response, I get a blank page with only the host's profile picture and name.

I've tried Firefox, Opera, and now I'm going to try Safari and Chrome.

Thanks,

Olivia

32 Replies 32

I have the same problem.  I'm using the Firefox browser to avoid this problem.  It works great.

Hope this helps 

Best Regards

Lynn

Thank you Lynn for your tip! The only thing that worked! 

I am having exactly the same problem; can't view my messages.  Dashboard to Inbox, or Messages, then... blank.

This only happens on my MacBook/Safari.  I can see them on my iphone, but its difficult to type a response on that. 

It's easier to manage my whole account from an actual laptop than a phone.

Also, I always select for the account login to "remember me", but it never does.  I have to enter my info every time.

Please include me in the loop if anyone has the solution!

Same think is happening to me. I am routed to the Calendar. Can see all my guest reservations but cannot access our Message History. This needs to be fixed. Am using Safari, same as last two years.

I have the same problem. Quite annoying ...even makes me consider quiting this website. Anyone could solved it ? How can customer service can help here?

I have had this problem for months But tonight I opened Air B and B with Chrome instead of Safari and I was able to see In Box and Messages...I have an Apple computer

I am now getting this exact same problem on my Apple Desktop and Dell laptop which I use regularly for managing bookings. I use Google Chrome on both of these. Tried Safari but still had problem.

However my son could get in to my account on his Windows desktop (lives in another suburb) and my wife could get in via her Apple Ipad. Ithink my son uses Chrome and my wife uses Safari.

This all started when I accepted a request from a friend to co-host their properties while away and then found I could not get into my message history or theirs. I have access to everything else. 

On advice of Airbnb Support, emptied cache but that did not help. I am currently waiting for Support to get back to me again (as we ran out of time last night) and hope problem is fixed soon as I have a bunch of guests I have to get into contact with. Tried a "Test" inquiry to myself, this came through but I could not get into answer the inquiry.

I am currently at a loss. I have sent this link to Airbnb Support with all the previous discusion on this topic and surprised they are not aware of it. I need HELP.

Airbnb Support got back to me with following suggestion, which worked, and now have access again to messages: log out of Airbnb on all your devices, turn them off and wait for and hour or so, then log back in, not forgetting your email address and password.

Back in business and much relieved

Edith133
Level 2
Philippines

Hello!

Airbnb send me a message informing me that there is a client wants to book in my unit but when i browse my inbox no message appear on it ? And that i cannot readthe message from the client? Is there any problem from my profile? Tanx

Edith133
Level 2
Philippines

Why i can't read message from a client?

Luchia0
Level 1
Mission, Canada

I know maintain a separate craigslist site, Airbnb literally cannot handle their growth and you will pay the consequences And lost bookings. After two or three days of it people give up and book hotelsI. I literally Maintain craigslist listings now because when things start to go bad Airbnb restricts contact info. VRBO and home away are also nightmares, Vrbo had to class-action lawsuits against them by their vendors the year before last and it is not improving at all.

I had the same difficulty. I went to my text messages and I clicked on the message link for Airbnb. It at least brought me to the communications with that guest, which is good because they are due to come in today.   Otherwise a try to write down as much information as I can with pen and paper as a back up. The system is good, but obviously not perfect.

Over 4 years later and still having this issue.....wow

Cynthia698
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Messages in the host inbox do not appear, only a blank screen appears.  

Audrey659
Level 1
San Ramon, CA

12.29.20 I am unable to read my messages.