Can you ask the guest to check out when you don’t feel safe

Answered!
Lucy695
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Can you ask the guest to check out when you don’t feel safe

My friend told me she had a horrible night while having a guest staying last night. The male guest told her he wanted to cook and his friend would come over. But she would leave after dinner, he said. My friend was very kind and showed him all things he needed for cooking. Then she went to her room to leave them alone. However, after 11pm, they were still talking loudly. She needed to get up early next morning to work. So she went down to remind him. But she was shocked to see he made the kitchen so filthy, tomato sauce splashed everywhere, and sticky, greesy, left milk dripping in the fridge from the top shelf to the bottom. She felt so upset and disgusted by how dirty he made the kitchen. She asked the guest why he left the milk dripping like that. He denied, said he didn’t do it. It’s obvious he was lying, which scared my friend as it’s this kind of guest, uncivilized stranger, she felt it’s not safe to share a house with. She told him his friend needed to leave. He said he booked for two, the booking detail can tell it’s only for one. Eventually his friend left. She felt scared after feeling he was annoyed. She asked him to check out and would refund him. But he stayed and wanted to eat his dinner at 11:20 pm. My friend spent 30 minutes to clean the kitchen. She had to go to bed afterwards, but worried what the guest would do in the sitting room. He said he was doing research on his phone, still talking to some people on the phone at almost mid night. My friend had a very bad night sleep. She went to work this early morning, the guest is still inside the house. She was so worried, dread to think what the house will be like, anything will be stolen?  

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm sorry your friend had this situation. However...,

I'm a little confused as to why your friend is offering rooms in a shared home situation during Covid when it's against our Covid legislation @Lucy695  why's is this guest travelling ?

And then to compound it by letting her guest access shared amenities such as her kitchen. And let an additional person visit her home which is not allowed under our Covid legislation.

Hopefully she has already contacted Airbnb to cancel the booking so she can ensure this guest leaves by her checkout time.

Certainly I wouldn't have gone to work and left the guest at home alone in this situation . I would be there to ensure he left by the checkout time and created no further mess. 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm sorry your friend had this situation. However...,

I'm a little confused as to why your friend is offering rooms in a shared home situation during Covid when it's against our Covid legislation @Lucy695  why's is this guest travelling ?

And then to compound it by letting her guest access shared amenities such as her kitchen. And let an additional person visit her home which is not allowed under our Covid legislation.

Hopefully she has already contacted Airbnb to cancel the booking so she can ensure this guest leaves by her checkout time.

Certainly I wouldn't have gone to work and left the guest at home alone in this situation . I would be there to ensure he left by the checkout time and created no further mess. 

I am a first time host. iI booked a male guest for a week mistake number one. He showed up and Immediately I can tell this person was homeless.  Not displaced . That was not worse part he immediately asked if someone could come visit since I had a guest. I told him my guest is here because you are a stranger.He then asked where he could smoke his weed. I am 420 friendly but my list said no smoking. He then asked where he can put his beer and that he was a recovering alcoholic. Next day he is a cross a street smoking looking at Abandon building he said . I live in a very Conservative community and  course my neighbors called the cops on him wondering who is this person that clearly looks  out of sorts. I called the first day to Airbnb tell them I didn’t feel safe. They replied that was not reason to request him to leave. Fine I will work through this after yesterday episode with the police I asking him to leave and he tells me I thought we were friend I am not your friend. He drank beers all night stayed in his room . It not so much how he looks it’s that I do not know what this persons mental state is. I called Airbnb again to get help to get out my place I can not do five more days . I spoke to 4 people at 1pm it’s  now 5 pmPacific time and I still have not gotten a call back to resolve my concerns. Is Airbnb waiting for something terrible to happen before they help.