Can you be with AirBnB if you do not live in the area of the home?

Rita1744
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Can you be with AirBnB if you do not live in the area of the home?

I live in Florida but have a home in New York. Is it possible to host for Air bnb if you don't live in the area. Advise please

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yes, and plenty do, @Rita1744. You'd just need somebody in the local area to manage/co-host for you. And you'll know there are very strict rules on apartment rentals in NYC (if that is indeed where your property is). 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes you can as long as it is legal in your area and with your HOA or landlord. @Rita1744  If you look on Airbnb’s website there is a section on hosting in NYC.

NYC the host must be present for the stay with a maximum of 2 guests if that is where your property is.  Also you must be there to greet your guests, no self checkin in NYC.

that said many do not follow the current regulations on nyc.gov

Numa19
Level 2
New York, NY

Yes, it is possible @Rita1744  but you need someone to manage your property.  Do the cleaning, receive your guests and be attentive to any requirement of your guests.  Let me offer to me help you with your property.  I live in Queens I have a rented property and maybe we can make a partnership.  Check my profile for more information.  I am at your service.