Can you guys get me out of here I'm in Airbnb Hell right now!

Daniel7404
Level 1
Madison, WI

Can you guys get me out of here I'm in Airbnb Hell right now!

Hi! So when I moved in the address that was given to me was not the one on the websight. They have given me a room without a kitchen and have decided to charge me more if I want my own. My bed has had 5 screws missing in it since I moved in 3 days ago and has fallen appart 5 times. The main security door is ajar and broken as of tonight and open with no other security on sight and needless to say if they need security there is a reason.

7 Replies 7
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Daniel7404 

Sounds like you have fell into a bait and switch operation.

What I'd suggest, get all the story down on airbnb messages, take photographs too.

Most of all get in touch with airbnb help 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact-us/about-reservation

Usually big problems are best brought up within the first 24 hours, do read the link below

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/544/what-is-airbnbs-guest-refund-policy-for-stays

Daniel7404
Level 1
Madison, WI

I've been in contact when them from the minuet i suspected something. I thought I could work a different sollution because he said he had one with a kitchen but then decided to charge me more this Monday after they were back on the property. And since I told them I was trying to work a solution they have been slow getting back to me and now I've had it!

@Daniel7404  this is a forum for hosts, not Airbnb customer service.  I'm sorry that fell victim to what is most likely a scam.   You definitely need to report this listing/host to Airbnb.    That being said, Airbnb customer service is notoriously slow to respond.   The one thing you can do is contact them via Twitter; people have usually gotten a very fast reply there.  Be specific as to what you want them to do.  Find you other accommodations?  A full refund?  Best of luck to you.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Daniel7404   You have 3 reviews thus far since January 2020.  Two are very negative and one is positive.  It appears you have not had a positive experience with Air BNB and neither have those who have hosted you.  This information is available to the Air BNB staff and to potential hosts.  Perhaps there are other accommodations that would work better for you than the Air BNB one.  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Daniel7404  Judging by your reviews, you have been a very disrespectful guest previously. I'm surprised any host would even accept a booking from you. 

Daniel7404
Level 1
Madison, WI

I have one bad review because a guest got sick after drinking the water in Colombia on a weekend I had to leave after the door was locked. And the event was a lot less event full. And you don't think the second guy tried to take advantage buy trying to charge me 125 for a tv remote when I never even watched tv because I'm such a quite and respecting guy. And that too was for one week and he blamed me for leaving the fan on? did you actually read what he said about me or are you assuming that I have 2 bad reviews? I see it more as 1-1-1 and 1 was trying to make an extra buck, especially when I know how clean the apartments I have rented have been. I sense passive aggressive tones and I' m speaking in 5 languages.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What did Airbnb advise when you contact them about this @Daniel7404  and provided evidence that the listing was not as described?

Have they cancelled the booking and worked with you to help identify alternative accommodation ?