Cancel Reservation due to change of guest circumstances

Suzanne41
Level 2
United Kingdom

Cancel Reservation due to change of guest circumstances

I have just cancelled a reservation for early June.  The booking had been made for 10 people to stay and they were going to host a lunch party, inviting a further 8.  That was fine for me, as 18 people can sit comfortably in our dining room.  Yesterday the guest sent me an email saying that they would now be 30 for lunch and asking if I had sufficient glasses, chairs etc!  To my mind they were now planning to have a party in my home, not a lunch gathering.  I therefore cancelled the booking, as I feel the guest was taking advantage of our hospitality and also had not been honest with me from the outset.

That date in June is now blocked on my calendar and I would like to open it up for other booking enquiries.  

Is there a way I can do this?

1 Reply 1
Tracy0
Level 10
London, GB

Unfortunately you cannot reopen the booking. When a host cancels, their calendar is blocked.

In future, what I'd suggest is that you advise that your place is not appropriate for that many.  If they refuse to cancel, (or show up with more people than you allow), ask AirBNB to cancel the reservation (and use the message thread) so you do not incur the financial penalites or the blocked calendar.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB