Cancel a guest after arrival

Cancel a guest after arrival

I am having a small 1,5 bungalow for rent wich in the advertisement says 2 adults and a kid. 

Now i am having a guest arrived with 3 adults and a dog (chinese Sharpei)   Kid is 14+ years old so not really a kid anymore. 

It was ok for me since i made the mistake dont write in my houserules NO DOGS anymore because we had trouble before with a dog destroying all our moskitonets and the guest refused to pay for it. 

Now the guests are here since 3 days but they are always leaving the dog alone in the Bungalow and he is barking CONSTANTLY for hours. Morning they leave at 10 and come back  around 17:00 and then leave again at 19:30 and are home not before midnight. 

Thing is,  what can i do? I write in my advertisement its a QUIET place for quiet people 😕    unfortunately Airbnb does not allow to cancel bookings before arrival without removing my Superhost status. Guest booked only 1 day in advance and since there is a Festival here atm i took them in,  because all hotels are full. 

Is there any chance to get rid of a guest if he is disturbing other guests or the host ? 

4 Replies 4
Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nongrat0 I looked at your listing for the 1.5 bungalow and notice that you STILL have not updated your rules to state that you do not allow dogs, four days after creating this post.  The guests have not broken any rules by bringing a dog to the premises so your reasons for wanting to get rid of them are not valid.  If you advertise your place as being quiet then it really is your responsibility to make sure that it is quiet and allowing dogs is not going to help. 

First of all i have no idea what i have done to you that you jump on my neck like a terrier 😕 

I checked the advertisement button where it says NO PETS and it was obviously NOT saved but thats not my fault and it should not be a reason to talk with me like you did 😞 

The post i created day before yesterday so 2 days ago not 4!!  may be you are having a problem with Thailand England time 

however, i had a lot of dogs and cats here before and never had any problem, but i cancelled it anyways now and SORRY my mothertongue is not English, so may be there is also something lost in translation. For future chats we can absolutely change to Thai, Laos or Frensh language if you prefer too .. 

I  was not asking  for someone to insult me here.
have a nice life

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You are a superhost @Nongrat0 so I am suprised you have not being more proactive in managing this situation.

Why did you accept a booking for four people and a dog when the booking was for two adults and a child.

Why are you letting your guests leave the dog alone for most of the time disturbing you and your neighbours.

You need to take control. Tell them they are not allowed to leave the dog alone at the listing as it barks constantly and is disturbing the local community. Tell them they need to pay for the extra guest. If they are not happy with this tell Airbnb to cancel the booking.

I can't believe you still haven't updating your listing to say no pets.

s  thx Helen, i DID update my listing but may be it was not saved, i just did it again and checked NO PETS The guest booked 20h bevore arrival and since the island was busy because of the vegetarian festival i said yes because they told me dog is very nice and quiet....
We are not allowed taking extra money outside Airbnb system and since it was too short notice i could not even sent a new offer to the guest and ask for some extra money for the 3rd adult and the dog! 

anyways, i change the advertisement and do not take pets in anymore, which is sad for the people having nice and quiet animals which behave good, and i had some of them here, i like animals.