Cancel booking and after that reservation still active in calendar

Merlin0
Level 2
Costa del Silencio, Spain

Cancel booking and after that reservation still active in calendar

Hi to all.

My customer wanted cancel the reservation.So I did this.In reservations list this reservation name it cancel and money 0 eur.Its looks likes is everything ok.

BUT then I looking to my calendar,then its same reservation is still blocking like active on calendar and no one can do new reservation on this dates.Then I go to this reservation,its says 0 eur money and written cancel.

What I can do?

Regards,

Merlin

4 Replies 4
Sergi
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Merlin0

I'm Sergio, Community Manager from Spanish Airbnb Community. I don't know if you are interested in joining us in our community (I hugely recommend it!) but just to let you know that we have a post relating to your situation. Maybe you are interested to read it. I hope it helps you.

Sergio.

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Merlin0,

You should have had the guest cancel.  If you cancel for the guest, you are penalized in several ways.  Your listing is blocked from anyone booking for the dates you cancelled.  You are likely charge a fee and there will be an automatic review in your reviews posted saying that you cancelled a reservation which will not look good to future guests looking at your listing.

As you state the guest wanted to cancel the reservation, I would contact Airbnb with the communication you had with the guest indicating this and explain that you were trying to help the guest and did not know the penalties for cancelling for a guest.

Below are the penalties for cancelling:

Host Cancelling Reservations

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Merlin0
Level 2

Hi.

Thank You for responses.But Im was doing,like customer wanted.Im confused.Currently, I have been punished for it, that the client  wanted to cancellation of reservation? Unfortunately, I did not know it before...

Regards,Merlin

HI. Like we have a agreement,I will cancel booking. Have a nice evening Denise! See you soon! Merlin
11/10/2015

Thank you for your fast answer. Please can you cancel the booking, because i want to wait for your results for your houses. And if the result is clearly than we can mail for a new booking. Thank you very much and many greetings.
11/10/2015
Merlin0
Level 2

Thank You all!

I am grateful for the information that I got from here.

The problem is solved!

Regards,

Merlin