Cancelation policy shows flexable, moderate and 14day cancelation policy but uses 48hr, not fair.

Cancelation policy shows flexable, moderate and 14day cancelation policy but uses 48hr, not fair.

my host is using the moderate cancelation policy but states that she is using the flexable, moderate and 14 day policy. here is her policy; "cancel within 48 hours of booking and 14 days before check-in to get a full refund. cancel up to 7 days before check in and get a 50% refund (minus service fees). cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable." but when i go to cancel she is only giving me back 50% of my fee. my reservation is for may 25, 2018.’

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Michael1735,

When did you make the reservation? If it was more than 48 hours before you tried to cancel then the 50% refund is correct according to the policy.

To get a full refund you must cancel within 48 hours of making the reservation AND that 48 hour period must be 14 days or more before checkin. It's not the case that you get a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of checkin.

If you made the reservation more than 48 hours ago and are trying to cancel now then "cancel up to 7 days before check in and get a 50% refund (minus service fees)" applies. So you'd get a 50% refund.

If you made the reservation less than 48 hours ago and are being offered only a 50% refund then you'll have to contact Airbnb support to discuss the issue.

Steve.

@Michael1735   Re:  "when i go to cancel she is only giving me back 50% of my fee." 

Do you mean when you click the cancel button it says 50% will be refunded?

If so that is an automatic message generated by Airbnb based on the hosts cancellation policy that was in play when you booked.

Note: On May 1st Airbnb mandated a "48hour free cancellation" for 'Strict policy - the 7 day / 50% policy (I do not think it is retroactive, so it would depend on when you made the booking among other factors).

Also please note that Airbnb holds your payment, the host does not get paid until a few days after you have arrived.

Re:   "cancel up to 7 days before check in and get a 50% refund"

7 days is the wording for the  'Strict' policy, the 'moderate is 5 days and 'flexible' is 1 day

You need to speak to Airbnb to sort it out, their number should be on your reservation.

Roxana49
Level 1
Richmond Hill, Canada

Hello, can someone give me advice please.  I am a new host and my guest booked 1 week and more for July  and cancelled.  I got an email from airbnb that I will get $227 because I have a straight cancellation policy.  My guest requested a full refund but I refused so she cancelled the request.  I just checked my payout and it is showing 0.00.  Does it mean I won't get any earning even my guest paid 50% already?