Cancelation

Answered!
Louis1847
Level 1
Bruges, Belgium

Cancelation

Hello,

I am new as a host & had to cancel an application due to lack of time to clean. Now these dates are not available anymore. They are blocked by airbnb. How can I get these dates back so people can book them again?

Louis

Louis Vercruysse
1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Louis1847 you can't get the dates back. You have potentially ruined someones trip through your negligence so Airbnb fine you and block your listing as punishment. Anyway if you didn't have time to clean before you cancelled I guess you'll have plenty now.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Louis1847 you can't get the dates back. You have potentially ruined someones trip through your negligence so Airbnb fine you and block your listing as punishment. Anyway if you didn't have time to clean before you cancelled I guess you'll have plenty now.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Louis1847 Unfortunately, there are many penalties for cancelling a booking, as explained below,

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/990/as-a-host-what-penalties-apply-if-i-cancel-a-reservation-for-...

As a new host, do spend some time in the help center, reading articles to familiarize yourself with how things work, so you can avoid pitfalls going forward. Best of luck!

John4704
Level 3
Winter Park, FL

I received today Airbnb's new "Terms of Service" containing a new punitive Cancellation Policy. I have registered my strong opposition to your new cancellation policy that punishes and wrongly penalizes your entire HOST Community.  (You can easily identify the "rare hosts that cancel" and penalize them, or remove them.)  But no, YOU (Airbnb) chose to punish the ENTIRE Host Community.  It's bad policy and it will NEGATIVELY impact your relationship with all Hosts.  As for your "Request to Agree" with your 'new terms', this is an "Adhesion Contract" and is unenforceable legally (I am an attorney)--Hosts with guests on the calendar ahead have no alternative but to be forced to agree to your terms.  If challenged in court,  you are exposed and lose.  Airbnb seems determined to alienate it's most valuable asset... your Hosts. Your arrogance is repulsive, but you have set the course. "What goes around, will come around"