Cancelation

Duc3
Level 1
Czech Republic

Cancelation

Hello,

I want to rent an apartment and for safety reasons we want to do it through airbnb. The issue I have is that we are afraid that the host just changes his mind in 3 months and cancel the stay. Is there any way like, signing a 1-year contract?

Thank you

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Duc3

No - there is no guarantee like that - and there is no guarantee outside of AirBnB either. Even in a 1 year contract there is often a clause that states either party after x months can give notice to terminate.

Look for good hosts with good reviews and then that is unlikley to happen. Avoid hosts who have messages about last minute cancellations.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Duc3  As @Gerry-And-Rashid0 have said, there are no guarantees inside or outside Air BNB for long term rentals, however, unless there are extenuating circumstances like problems with the rental, most Air BNB hosts would not cancel.  Air BNB will levy heavy penalties if the host cancels.  Also, you should be aware of the Air BNB payment policies for long term rentals.  Go to the Help Center for articles about long term (over 28 days) rentals.  One search parameter that might be good to use is "Super Host".  That designation means the host has met high standards of reviews but also means the host has not cancelled a booking within a year.

Thank you @Linda108 and @Gerry-And-Rashid0. Yes I know there is no 100% garantuee. But I was looking for a fee in cancelation. Therefor they can't cancel it just like that. And for a month annoucement or something like that.

AirBnB was not designed or is suited for long term bookings, sound like you need a conventional lease.

David