Cancelations and Full Refunds

Jane1018
Level 2
St Paul, MN

Cancelations and Full Refunds

I'm hoping someone  in the community can help me out.  I have some similar situations but nothing that gets to this point yet.  

Situation - First time cancelation, Strict Policy.  I received an e-mail from Airbnb that states "the guest was refunded $xxx."  I would like to provide a full refund. When I click on "Issue full refund" in the e-mail it takes me to the "send or receive money" link but I'm unsure what to put in for the amount?  

Do I just send the amount that Airbnb indicated I will get in payout or do I add the amount of my payout with the amount of the guests refund to get a "full refund."  I can no longer see what the full amount was that was charged by Airbnb for the rental,

I have read multiple policies and community notes but it is till not clear to me.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jane1018 

The amount wich is listed in your Transaction History as the remaining payout, after the reservation has been cancelled, is the amount to enter for a full refund  (the other part has already been refunded by the cancellation policy and decreased on your initially payout). Useally Airbnb indicates the right amount at "full refund" actions.

Jane1018
Level 2
St Paul, MN

Emiel,

Thank you!  I thought that was the case but just wasn't sure.

Best,

Jane