Canceled reservation I did not cancel

Vincenzo63
Level 1
Naples, Italy

Canceled reservation I did not cancel

A few months ago I excepted the reservation. Last week the gas told me that I canceled his reservation while I didn't, he actually woke me up in the middle of the night saying that I just cancel this reservation. Now, I tried to send them a special offer with the same price but I couldn't because it said that there was a technical problem, and I try to make those dates available again for him, but Airbnb block them so they are unavailable and then bookable.

8 Replies 8
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

If both you and the guest want the reservation to happen, one of you will have to call AirBnB and reinstate it. If it shows cancelled on-line there is nothing you can do online to reinstate it. 

Yes, after the guest texted me at night I woke up and checked the status and it said "canceled". I tried other options (send special offer...) but nothing worked, and "calling airbnb" isn't really an option (is there even a phone number?). At least I wanted to unblock those dates so that my guest (or anyone else) could book them again (it was quite a few nights stay btw)

Exactly the same happened to us.  We had a two week booking, and then today it says that we (hosts) have cancelled the reservation.    The number I have for the South African AirBnB seems to be disconnected.  We have comunicated with the guest, and she is definitley still interested in staying, but the "cancelled" days are greyed out.

Please help.

JB & Sarah

So strange. There is no "the host cancelled this" note in your reviews, @JB-and-Sarah0, so even though you are getting a "the hosts cancelled" message, you are not getting the usual penalty. I wonder if Airbnb was unable to collect the funds, but it would be unfair to let guests think hosts were cancelling in that case. You can google the phone number for Airbnb for South Africa to try to find out what is going on, but your best bet will be to tweet to AirbnbHelp. Set up a Twitter account if you don't have one. It's free, and will get you answers. 

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Vincenzo63 @JB-and-Sarah0

Definitely Contact Airbnb either via Twitter or their phone number in your county.  Click the link.

Deborah70
Level 2
Shawano, WI

I just found out that my guest received an email telling her the reservation at my place was cancelled.  I just now found her message three days later as it did not even show up in my normal message place.  I would have never known if I didn't go clicking around.  How did this happen?  I sent a message to Aribnb Support, which stated they would get back to me in 24 hours. At this point I hope my guest did not make other arrangements! I am concerned that the reservation was just randomly cancelled and I did not even receive anything on it and the guest was put through undue stress of not knowing if they have a reservation.

@Deborah70   Call Airbnb and speak to someone info is in @Cynthia-and-Chris1  post. San Francisco number usually picks up quickly and also try twitter or FB,  a fast response, usually.  Possibly Airbnb cancelled it because of .... who knows, could be safety, verfication problems, payment problems or a glitch!  But would have been professional for Airbnb to tell you if they do have a reason and not just email the guest and leave you in the dark.

Marion463
Level 3
Arlington, MA

I did not cancel my most recent booking - in fact, my guest arrived 9 hrs before my stated check-in time, sat in my house all day (making a mess), informed me that he was allergic to my cat (he showed no sign of allergies), and left at the hour I'd originally expected him to sign in... As I looked at the mess I thought, "At least I can get paid for the one day he was here" - but Airbnb says I CANCELLED HIS BOOKING - which is not the case.  Now Airbnb says I'm losing my Superhost status because I cancelled this booking.  How can I get this fixed?!