Canceling a 3rd party reservation resulted in Airbnb blocking dates on my calendar

Answered!
Kathryn141
Level 2
Bahama, NC

Canceling a 3rd party reservation resulted in Airbnb blocking dates on my calendar

Hello  Community - I cancelled a 3rd party booking and provided the reason when cancelling.  Airbnb is still blocking the dates even though I have a legitimate reason for cancelling.  Does Airbnb not review the reason for canceling before blocking the calendar?  I also received a warning that my hosting status is at risk.  I am new to hosting and am surprised by the strong-arm tactics.

1 Best Answer
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Kathryn141 Always contact Airbnb directly to have THEM process the cancellation for circumstances like this. You can do a quick web search for the number. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Kathryn141 Always contact Airbnb directly to have THEM process the cancellation for circumstances like this. You can do a quick web search for the number. 

Good reply Cynthia & Chris, i have a simlar situation as Kathryn so your advice is helpful thank you. trying to contact AirBnb direct seems to be harder than it should be. 

Hello Brian - I called Airbnb at ‭(855) 424-7262‬ and explained why I cancelled and that I was a new host. They unblocked my calendar and removed the “penalties” to my standing. I had to call them again on another matter and was able to talk to a person both times with no wait time. I have the number in my contacts now. 

Thank you Kathryn, i really appreciate your help. 

I can never reach them or on the few occasions I have they don’t call back?

How does a person contact them directly?

@Elmarie5, to Contact AirBnB:

Go to your Host Dashboard and choose the "Help" page.
At the bottom of the "Help" page is a "Contact us" button.
Use the "Contact us" button to reach AirBnB directly.

Or, just use this: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

I call 855-424-7262.  This is the number I have saved in my contacts.