Cancellation Policy: Strict

Andrea1379
Level 2
Upper Austria, Austria

Cancellation Policy: Strict

Hello Community,

I booked a place yesterday, the cancellation policy is strict (50% refund if I cancel more than 7 days before my vacation) and unfortunatelly I have to cancel the trip. 😞

I read that I get the airbnb booking fee is refunded if I cancel within the first 48 hours.

However, my question is, do I get a full refund (of my entire trip) if I  cancel within the first 48 hours or does the 50% refund rule already apply?

Thank you for your help,

Andrea

5 Replies 5
Coln0
Level 10
George Town, Malaysia

The 48 hours grace period only apply to booking on the date which is more than 14 days from the date of your booking. 

Andrea1379
Level 2
Upper Austria, Austria

Andrea1379
Level 2
Upper Austria, Austria

Thanks for the quick response Coln, good to know - my booking is in 4 month from today. So I should not have to pay anything at all?

Coln0
Level 10
George Town, Malaysia

Yes if the policy is strict with grace period. You will get a reconfirmation when you click on the cancel button about how much will be refunded. May I suggest to let the host knows before you go ahead to cancel? ^_^

Andrea1379
Level 2
Upper Austria, Austria

Definitelly, that is common courtesy. I have never cancelled a booking before on airbnb, that's why I am so unsure of things. I just checked the cancellation button though, as you suggested, i am affraid I already have to pay. That is very unfortunate. Thank you for your advise though!