Cancellation Refund to the 1st Guest

Cancellation Refund to the 1st Guest

hi guys, my first guest cancelled the reservation after check-in and staying one night at the place. Since it is my first guest I will receive the money in 30 days as I understood from Airbnb. So my question is should I make the refund now or only after receipt of money in 30 days. Thanks much in advance for your advise!

4 Replies 4
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Aiperi0 Don't do anything. Airbnb will sort out any refund. That's what you pay them for. If the guest asks you anything, tell them they need to talk to Airbnb as you are not involved in the payment process.

Thanks much dear Jillian!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Aiperi0  I fear you will have many more cancellations if you don't work on your listing. It is not at all clear what accomodations people are getting when they book your place. You only have 3 photos, and the first 2 are bad. You show a barren room with a pile of sleeping mats on a shelf. It says there are 4 beds, but it doesn't appear that you have any beds. Are 5 guests who are strangers to each other supposed to sleep on the floor in one room? There is no other furniture, no lamps, no nothing. Perhaps this is a common type of accomodation in your area? Are there any common spaces other than the one room for the guests to use? No photo of the bathroom that all must share. And there is hardly any written description other than saying the place is near shopping and such. 

I suggest it would beneficial for you to snooze your listing, take a look at how other hosts advertise their places and what they provide for guests, and work on your listing so it is clear to people what they are booking. 

Thanks Sarah for your comments. I will work to improve my listing.