Cancellation and Availability Settings

Nicki12
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

Cancellation and Availability Settings

Help anyone ? 

I had my availability settings set for 6 months in advance from August as I have tenants moving in in January. 

I have just had a booking for April which I have had to cancel and have thus incurred the $50 cancellation fee.

I see that bookings can still be made from April onwards ongoingly.... how can that be so ?

I have just changed the availability setting to 3 months in advance with the intention to unblck any suitable dates but see that the calendar is still open from 1st April onwards - what to do ?

Any help appreciated. Also whether I am eligible for the cancellation fee refund as I can't see how this has happened. Surely I don't have to manually block all dates into the future ?

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Nicki12 Contact Air BNB to request the rep to confirm your settings.  If you had the booking window at 3 months when the booking came in that you cancelled, the rep will be able to see that and remove the penalties.  In the future, do not initiate a cancellation without contact an Air BNB rep to do it for you.  The automated system cannot distinguish between a legit cancellation and a non-allowed one.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.