Cancellation fees

Nichola7
Level 3
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Cancellation fees

Hi there,

I just want clarification re cancellation fees please. If a guest cancels according to my choice of cancellation policy, are they charged an airbnb fee?

So, if a guest books for a month, then cancels in advance of the 48 hours required on a flexible policy, I understand they receive a full refund in relation to my payout? But are they still charged an airbnb admin/service fee?

Can I confidently say to a guest that if they book in advance (even for a longer period) and then want to cancel they will not be charged anything at all?

Many thanks.

Nichola

3 Replies 3
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Nichola

Unfortunately, nobody can speak with authority or confidently with regards to AirBnb systems! stay on this blog for a month and you will see what I mean, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Nichola7

As far as I know, the fees are only refunded if you cancel immediately after booking.  If the potential guest read the terms and conditions before booking, it should be perfectly clear what the conditions are.  If in doubt, he/she should contact airbnb with the concerns and get an answer in writing for further reference. Cleaning fees are always refunded.

Note that long term cancellation conditions (28 days +) will vary from your flex terms.  

I believe what @Cormac0 here is referring to are the stories where guests fabricate some excuse, contact airbnb and get a full refund whatever the cancellation policy. airbnb tends to side with the guests in many occasions.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Nichola7. To cut it short - no, you can't. I have not heard of a guest who got back 100% the amount they had paid - Airbnb's policy of refunding their fees has been changing, moreover, they take some money away in what they call "different conversion rates"

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"