Cancellation from the Super-host in case the guest doesn't agree to the changes

Laura1496
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

Cancellation from the Super-host in case the guest doesn't agree to the changes

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me/give me advice. Naimly, the listing my guest reserved is now unavailable but I am able to host him in our other apartment. I told him we have got a reservation few minutes before his reservation(for the same period) on another site and that I am very sorry for the inconvenience, but I have to change the calendar manually. I offered him our other apartment, he was not interested in it, but also he didn't want to cancel the resevation and told me I should do that.

I read the article where is said that I have to cancel the reservation in case the guest doesn't agree to the changes. I really wouldn't like to lose my Super-host status and the guest doesn't want to cancel the reservation by himself. Since we just spoke about the change and I haven't officially offered him that through these steps:

1. Go to Your Reservations on airbnb.com
  2. Click Change or Cancel next to the reservation you want to change
  3. Choose Change Reservation
  4. Click Submit Change 

do you think I should do that I then I will not't  have consequences or you have some other advice for me?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Laura

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

It is up to you to cancel. If it is an extenuating circumstance contact ABB and get them to do it.

David
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You need to cancel and I do not think that your overbooking, effectively an admin error, will fall within 'extenuating circumstances'. But you'll never know until you speak to CS. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

And link your calendars so this can't happen again!