Cancellation mistake?

Sally395
Level 1
Allanton, GB

Cancellation mistake?

Hi there

i had a booking for over Christmas this year, yet literally minutes later the guest cancelled. Which is fine, maybe she changed her mind but I’m worried it was done by mistake. I messaged afterward to check but no reply. Can you message someone after they’ve cancelled or does the message not go through is my question?

At the time of booking her message read the following which makes me wonder if it was cancelled by mistake:

“Hello, we can not wait to spend our family Christmas in your home. We are coming with our in-laws to children and well behaved family dogs. We have been looking for ages for some where suitable with good walks and local pub to stop for a bite of lunch.

Can’t wait for our stay!”

I’ve now had another booking at that time and I’d hate for her just to turn up and be disappointed if it was a glitch or her mistake.

Thanks, sally 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Sally395 ,

Yes, you can message any guest which you communicated with before. It is clear there is no confirmed reservation, as booking has been cancelled. Also the guest does not reply on your message. So for you consider the case as closed, and another guest allready booked your accommodation for Christmas.

Best regards, Emiel

Nancy1276
Level 1
Cocoa Beach, FL

I do not have a listing on airbnb but I keep getting messages in French that i cannot read.  Supposedly I cancelled on a guest named James and I am supposed to give him a refund.  How do I reach airbnb directly to straighten this out?????  Can anyone help me?

Nancy

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sounds like some sort of spam post. All the ways of contacting Airbnb are listed in the CONTACT AIRBNB post at the top of this forum. @Nancy1276