Cancellation not related to Covid 19

Cancellation not related to Covid 19

Had a guest cancel their summer reservations in July over Covid panic. Cape Cod isn't a hot spot. Only one case confirmed.  My strict cancellation policy worked. She hot het 50% refund and i should get mine 24 hours after the original check in date. She is angry and has request a full refund. I sent her the extenuating circumstances policy from Airbnb. She now accuses me and Airbnb of making money on the virus situation.  Really? Mind you she is also a host. I told het i wasn't refunding her money. She's now threatening to "expose me and Airbnb on social media for extortion of sorts. I messaged her again this morning to see if she had any further questions regarding the covid policy. Now she wants to rescind her cancellation.  How do i go about this. I'm almost not willing to rebook with her due to her opposition of stated rules and cancellation policy.

Ugh. Airbnb is no help at this time. They are overwhelmed beyond capacity. 

Thanks in advance for any reply,

Felicia 

3 Replies 3
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You really don't want her to come now, @Felicia-And-Jim0 . It won't be good. 

What I would do is block the dates for now, and open them up in a few weeks. People (non-revenge-seeking people) won't be booking right now anyway, and this is something you can do yourself without the help of CS. 

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

I would not rebook her. If you do, one of two things will happen:

1) She might cancel again and get the full refund (as of today airbnb is allowing all guests to cancel free of charge - currently for bookings before march 14 which could apply to her as the original reservation date) 

2) Not cancel and leave you a bad review or something worse.

I had a similar case the day before yesterday, thought he did not try and rebook. My guest cancelled, normal strict cancelation applied, he got 50% back. He keeps sending me messages on whatsapp, saying a lot of bad things, and he actually booked in february, when corona was already on the go. I'm going to block him.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Felicia-And-Jim0 

Block the dates and tell her that You have rented these dates to other customers already. You can unblock the dates in 3 weeks when everything is over. As @Lawrene0  said, noone is booking anyway right now.