Cancellation of long term booking

Marina405
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Cancellation of long term booking

Hi I’m new to air bnb. Just curious if you have a long term booking what do you do as far as protecting yourself from a cancellation. The policy only does 50% refund 1wk before but that would still leave you finding new people with only a week if they cancel. 

9 Replies 9
Marie405
Level 10
Taguig, Philippines

Hi @Marina405, you still have a big chance of getting your place booked even if it's just 1 week prior. A lot of guests book in advance and then there's that lot who books just days before the date.

@Marina405

Long-term bookings have different payment and cancellation policies. Please make sure you read up on the different rules and policies which will apply to you and your listing. Welcome to hosting and good luck~~

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#long-term

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1361/how-do-changes-and-cancellations-work-for-long-term-reserva...

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/285/how-are-long-term-reservation-payouts-processed

Hello

I have had a guest cancel a long term booking, due to no fault of their own. They have cancelled well in advance of 30 days (60 actually) and I would like them to receive a full refund. Is that possible?

Lee

@Lee179

Because it is 60 days before check-in, at this point you (host) haven't recieved any money so techinically there is nothing for you to refund. At this point, any refund issues are totally and fully between the guest and Airbnb - no host involvement of any kind necessary. The guest does not need host agreement or approval to cancel, so it is the guest's responsibility to handle it with Airbnb. Any money the guest has paid is with Airbnb - not the host. 

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to engineer a full refund  for them in the end. It was a bit of a complex process, but a member of the airbnb support team talked me through how to do it via my airbnb profile page. 

Thanks for responding to my query. Much appreciated.

Lee

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lee179,

Nice to meet you!

I'm happy to hear that you were able to give your guests a full refund.

Thank you so much for letting us know the outcome!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thomas650
Level 1
Maidenhead, United Kingdom

Hi Lee,

I was interested to read your comment as I am facing the same scenario in that my guest had a reservation for one month (between July and August) and now wants to cancel and I would like them to obtain a full refund but it doesn't seem that the system is set up in that way for it to happen like that so can you please pass me a link to Airbnb Support as I have sent a message yesterday but received no response so want to ensure that I have the right contact for them.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Tom

I cancelled a booking because i had someone already booked. But i dont understand too much how it happens. Can someone please help me how to unblock my calender? It was blocked automatically just because i  cancelled. thanks

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Fernanda206,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm sorry to hear about this. Perhaps, it might be a good idea to get in touch with Airbnb. 

I was able to find a 'How to contact Airbnb' guide. 

Would you be able to let me know how it goes? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen