Cancellation of reservation

Cancellation of reservation

Dear Sir/Madam

Due to some contractor works need to be carried out during the reservation period booked by my guest, I forced to cancel it. Information from the guest there was some Airbnb charges deduct from her. The amount is SGD99.
Could you assist me to check as the cancellation is one month before she check in and I'm first time publish in Airbnb would like to know the rules.

Thank you.
3 Replies 3
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Since your listing uses the Moderate cancellation policy and you say the reservation was still a month away, all that AirBnB should have charged *even* if it was the *guest* who cancelled would have been AirBnB's typical 6-12% fee. But since you wrote that *you* canceled the reservation, the gust should not have been charged at all. Either something has gone wrong OR the guest is trying to scam you. In either case, you should contact AirBnB to straighten it out. In the meantime, don't offer to wire any money to the guest.

Hi thanks for your fast response.

I've yet cancelled.
Previously my policy is flexible for cancellation when the time she booked on 31 Mar. I just changed to become moderate yesterday.
If I will to cancel I will need to pay Airbnb charges? What if my guest cancel and transfer payment to another booking? How can it be done?
Appreciate your advise. Thank you.

With the awkward language differences, I don't understand your message 100%. (By the way, I love Singapore, especially the great food in the hawker markets! I have friends who live there.)

If you had the Flexible cancellation policy in effect when the guest booked, that wouldn't make any difference with respect to my previous reply. The guest's only charge if *they* were the ones who cancelled should have been AirBnB's 6-12% fee. LIkewise, if you were the one who cancelled, the guest should not have been charged anything, and *neither* should you.

The issue of transferring payment to another booking is irrelevant.

The key thing here is that the guest *might* be trying to scam you. Do NOT offer to pay the guest anything. Tell them to work with AirBnB if they have any issues about their charges. Their issue is with AirBnB, not with you.

If you find this helpful, consider clicking on the Thumbs Up button near the lower right. Thanks!