Cancellation policies

Answered!
Shoshie0
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

Cancellation policies

Hi. I recently joined airbnb and was wondering what is the most popular policy. Will guests not want to make bookings if I have my account on the strict mode? What do most hosts do?

1 Best Answer
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Shoshie0I hope you are well! Welcome to Airbnb life 🙂

Pick the cancellation policy that will work for you and how and why you're hosting.

My listings are all set to the strict cancellation policy.

Airbnb can override hosts own cancellation policy with their Extenuating Circumstances policy, and guests may get refunded against your own wishes anyway. 🙂

Paul.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Shoshie0I hope you are well! Welcome to Airbnb life 🙂

Pick the cancellation policy that will work for you and how and why you're hosting.

My listings are all set to the strict cancellation policy.

Airbnb can override hosts own cancellation policy with their Extenuating Circumstances policy, and guests may get refunded against your own wishes anyway. 🙂

Paul.

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

Hi, you have to pick the best cancellation policy for you. But most experienced hosts have theirs set at strict. I had one of my units on moderate a while back, and it did not generate more traffic because of it. I only use strict now. Most guests don't even notice the cancelation policy before they book.

Shoshie0
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

Thank you, everyone, for the input. I really appreciate the feedback!

Danny174
Level 2
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

I am a host and I manage a number of properties in a town that has a very significant high season.  I would like to be able to set different cancellation policies for different times of the year.  for the off season I would like to be flexible and during the school holidays I would like to set it to Strict.  It seems like such a simple functionality.  Even if it was part of or could be added to a "rule Set". But alas, its not there.  I have looked for this option but have not been able to find it anywhere.  Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance. 

Peter841
Level 2
St Morris, Australia

@Danny174

I have the same problem. I’d like to use strict for the high season and moderate for the off season.

Until they see fit to allow this ,the only way is either use a duplicate listing with mutually exclusive dates –if they allow this - or use a different service for (in my case) the high season. Not ideal I know but a work around

Pete