Cancellation policy - One off booking

Cancellation policy - One off booking

Hi. I have a confirmed booking and the guest is asking for a shorter cancellation policy due as they are waiting on government advice regarding state-wide lockdowns. I am OK with this, but unsure how to process this without changing my standard settings which are set to Moderate.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Justin

2 Replies 2
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Justin1270 There are a couple of ways you can do it. 

You could just to manually refund them. Let the guest know your cancellation terms for this specific reservation: make sure it's in the Airbnb messaging system. Then if they have to cancel, you can just send them the refund in accordance with whatever you have agreed to. 

Alternatively, you can briefly change your policy, have them reserve, then change it back to your normal policy. The policy in place at the time the reservation was made applies to the reservation. However, if you have Instant Booking enabled, you run the risk that someone else will book in the time the policy is modified. 

Either way will work: option 1 is probably better for you, but option 2 probably offers more peace of mind for the guest. Also, with option 2 everything will just happen automatically if they cancel so no management by you is required. 

Thanks very much @Alexandra316 

This has been very helpful.

Regards.

Justin