Cancellation policy for new listing

Fiona630
Level 2
Aosta, Italy

Cancellation policy for new listing

Hi, I'm trying to publish a new listing but I'm getting an error message as it says I need to add a cancellation policy. However this is no where to be found. Instructions say it should be under booking settings but its not. The help desk can't help and have referred it to the developers but have no timescale for a resolution. Looking through other queries this doesn't appear to be a new issue. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it? Thanks 

16 Replies 16
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Fiona630  Such a labyrinth to navigate!

"Booking Settings"

And near the bottom is: "Cancellation Policy"

Click that and make a choice. I use "Moderate", there are 6 options.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Charles

Matthew1227
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

@Fiona630 @Charles224 @I’m having the exact same issue! I’ve tried on multiple browsers and there’s literally no option to add cancellation policy! Did you manage to solve it Fiona? 

Fiona630
Level 2
Aosta, Italy

@Matthew1227 no, I contacted the help desk, who couldn't help, they referred it upwards but said they couldn't give any timescale for a fix so I'm stuck. I don't know whether they are actually trying to resolve it or are even bothered.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom
Fiona630
Level 2
Aosta, Italy

@Helen3 @Matthew1227 Helen, if only it was this simple.  The issue is that the cancellation policies do not appear when following this process therefore cannot be selected.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sounds like there’s a technical fault @Fiona630 

Peter2860
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I am getting the same issue and no solution to date.

Fiona630
Level 2
Aosta, Italy

@Peter2860 I first reported this on 13th October, its not yet been resolved and I've had no updates

Fiona630
Level 2
Aosta, Italy

6 weeks on and no resolution in fact no response at all from air b&b regarding the my issue of not being able to set a cancellation policy for my new listing. Seems they are completely uninterested as the issue only affects a limited number of people.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Fiona630 I've sent the information you posted back to the team and will update you via DM as soon as I have an answer on this. 

Thanks! 

Thanks, but I won't hold my breath!

Hi @Nick ,  di this matter ever move forward . I have two listing to place and i can not progress because of this issue.  any update would be appreciate 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Franco1147 

Yes, this is now resolved. Do let me know if you still have issues with it and I can forward your details to the appropriate department. 

Acacia12
Level 2
Annapolis, MD

I am facing this same issue, @Nick are there instructions/details somewhere with the resolution?