Cancellation policy payouts...in the UK

Answered!
David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

Cancellation policy payouts...in the UK

At last, a communication from Airbnb. They promised early April and it's now the last day. Today I received a notification e mail of my impending payouts due to cancellations. I have had a strict cancellation policy in the past. They say 'This support payment will be included in your next scheduled payout to your default payment method' in the email so I haven't actually had my money yet. Also it is calculated in $ which is a bit weird as we're in the UK and all payments calculated in £. Still, if and a big IF, it comes, then at least Airbnb have done something which they promised albeit quite late.

The cynic in me says that they have done this prior to the little note that has appeared in my reservations section below !! 

The highlighted reservations need your attention
They’ll become fully refundable if we extend our Extenuating Circumstances coverage. We’ll share an update on 1 May

This reads to me as that there will be a whole lot of pain to come in tomorrow's announcement.

Anyone else in the UK actually received any money in their account yet???

Stay safe all

Regards

David

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @David3267 @Yadira22 ,

Here's some additional information that should help add some clarity on these payouts:

Why haven’t I received my payment?

We originally planned to have the first batch of support payments sent in mid-April, which would cover eligible reservations through April 8. We’ve started to send payments, but unfortunately some of them have been delayed. We’ve issued our first batch of payments to hosts with eligible cancellations through 4/8 - these payments are visible in your transaction history and you should have received an email with details. Long term stay cancellations required additional verification and will be issued as part of our May payment batch.

When will future payments arrive?

We expect to send payments to hosts with eligible reservations at least once a month until the program is completed. We know how important these payments are, and we’re working hard to send them as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @David3267 

We got a notice for it- I have not even looked to see if it all adds up. And suspect that they did it in USD as to not pay commission fees and fret with currency exchanges but at least tell us which rate they used. 
‘Good luck and stay healthy! 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @David3267 @Yadira22 ,

Here's some additional information that should help add some clarity on these payouts:

Why haven’t I received my payment?

We originally planned to have the first batch of support payments sent in mid-April, which would cover eligible reservations through April 8. We’ve started to send payments, but unfortunately some of them have been delayed. We’ve issued our first batch of payments to hosts with eligible cancellations through 4/8 - these payments are visible in your transaction history and you should have received an email with details. Long term stay cancellations required additional verification and will be issued as part of our May payment batch.

When will future payments arrive?

We expect to send payments to hosts with eligible reservations at least once a month until the program is completed. We know how important these payments are, and we’re working hard to send them as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Bruno866
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Wrote a long post that never appeared! I was saying how disappointed with Airbnb for the extenuating policy applied everywhere. Here in the UK travel between different parts is allowed but yet they give full refund to guest from England to Scotland! Why? They have probably found some sort of excuse but to me they said they couldn't travel because of Covid 19 restrictions. Anyone with a proper answer? 

I had a strict cancellation policy.