Cancellation policy

Daniel38
Level 2
Savannah, GA

Cancellation policy

My first guest is coming tomorrow. She just emailed and said she might have to cancel and wants to know my policy. At one point it was set to flexible and then I put it at moderate. Is there anyway to tell what the policy was at the time of her booking?

9 Replies 9
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Daniel38 🙂

Yes, if you go to the guest's reservation and scroll down you can see what cancellation policy the guest booked under. If you choose another policy afterwards it won't change already agreed to reservations. If a guest needs to cancel the guest always has to cancel on her own and she will get refunded automatically by airbnb according to the cancellation policy. As a host you dont have to do a thing. The guest needs to cancel - if you ever receive "a request to cancel" don't ever accept it as it then will look like you cancelled. The guest has to do it from their side alone and you will get an email with the cancellation :-).

Best, Sandra

I don’t see that on mine. Perhaps it’s changed?

Hi @Suzanne781 🙂 I just took a look at an upcoming reservation via the app. And it says (in small print) below all the check and check out dates and stuff that the guest booked under the moderate cancellation policy (in my case). 
Maybe have a closer look and see if you can find it 🙂. I can’t imagine it not being included on the reservation.  

EFFBBFD9-6A4A-4CD6-95A0-A404E6AE44F0.png313CDCF5-2EFC-4E4C-864C-E1EC7E12CFE4.jpeg

75471FA5-88DC-439B-AF62-CEECFF6E328F.png

Hmm, I still don’t see it. I might need glasses 😅

@Suzanne781  😅

You need  to scroll further down. It is just below the support section. 17E67D4F-C720-416E-8C2B-890A98BF12DC.jpegIt is written in very small prints. 

When you write to someone specific - make sure to tag the person @Suzanne781 

Just press @ and you will be able to see the different names. Otherwise the person won’t be notificed that you wrote them 🙂

Daniel38
Level 2
Savannah, GA

Terrific, thank you very much!!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Daniel38 

The guest can start the cancel process and will see the refund (if any) calculated before proceeding with actual cancellation. (Be aware of not receiving/accepting a cancellation on your behalf) .