Cancellation refund

Lorena138
Level 1
Oaxaca, Mexico

Cancellation refund

There are many complaints about the cancellation refund system not working. It's not working for me, nor do I find any clear instructions on who to contact (LINK) about it. Seems like someone has dropped the ball, and the ones who suffer are the hosts. Can tell me when to expect my payment? And who is that someone? Is anyone listening?  Thanks

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Lorena138

I'm listening, but Airbnb does not monitor this hosts forum, try the link below for contact details.

The ball gets dropped all the time and we hosts suffer constantly. 

Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

Jill178
Level 2
Murfreesboro, NC

I trying to figure that out myself.  I had a guest who booked one room in my house but after I heard how long they had traveled, i wanted to do something nice so I upgraded them to a master suite which was more expensive than the one they had booked.  I also asked them to cancel the room that they had booked so that it is free for others to book it and block the room I moved them into.

Of no fault of theirs, their card has been charged fully for both rooms!  I hit the full refund botton and nothing has happend on their credit card.  I am strugging to find ways to refund them because I do not want them to pay all this money for nothing.

Please someone help!

I'm finding Airbnb has no mercy. I rent two places regularly as host.  Set up travel to go skiing on Airbnb, but after booking got the address and the pin did not reflect the actual location and they charged my card the entire amount on day 1 when everyone else takes 50% with payment schedule. The Host agreed to a full refund but said I had to call Airbnb.  The rep had ice in his veins and said let me see what I can do we will call you back. Have not heard anything. We need a. a kindler and gently airbnb and b. I won't every rent with them again.  gigantic and costly hassle.  Paybacks are hell though I have a renter in my place that rented for a month and needs to leave after a week. I was going to refund 1/2 the rent but will now tell him to call Airbnb. Ha, then they will have yet another unhappy caller.