Cancellation regardless of Strict policy and discrimination by AirBnB

Dee-Grace0
Level 2
Newton, MA

Cancellation regardless of Strict policy and discrimination by AirBnB

A have been doing AirBnB since 2011 mainly for students, researchers and medical professionals but there are times I got some guests who lies, when they don’t their refund give negative reviews.

airbnb they s also discriminative.

one of the guest said because she was PhD she kept telling yet I didn’t see them let alone I kept my silenced while this 50+ men with 20 some girlfriend womanizing, acting as a boss. I was only looking at him with pity

now AirBnB is discriminating Ari g because of my religion, education, gender regardless of the rules and communications.

airBnB customer service gotten so bad that they forget hosts are giving them a business but they have some characters who think they are the king.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Dee-Grace0  I don't know how you made the strange leap from Airbnb handing out refunds to guests who are lying about things, to being discriminated against due to your religion, education and gender, but I can assure you that isn't why guests are refunded contrary to your cancellation policy.

Airbnb is notorious for taking the guest's side in disputes, and they do so regardless of a host's demographics. The only discrimination in this regard is discrimination against hosts in general, and their attitude of placating guests at the host's expense.

Aimee158
Level 2
Loganville, GA

I agree with the response.  As a host, I am overlooked in any facts of a eached out for my input and sided with guests and reversed all the payout without weighing the consequences I suffer.  First time the guest stayed 7 out of 11 day. The second experience I was told a message was sent at 715 morning and by 930 the guest was allowed to alter the reservation from  7 nights /5 adults to one night over ruling my  minimum stay of 2 nights . The amount of linens and supplies for 5 people  was not thought about.

Lack of concern or empathy from the ambassadors to reflect on  what is needed to build and support a  a quality listing shows.  I made Airbnb and myself an income for 4 years and in my opinion is overlooked doesnt count for anything.