Cancellation

Joanne569
Level 1
Denistone West, AU

Cancellation

I havn't heard from the host and I'm due there tomorrow. I  knocked on the front property and the person said he knew nothing about an air bnb. He was very abrupt and rude. He said that in 2 weeks time the building he is living in is being knocked down. I am a single Mum with 2 girls and I don't feel comfortable staying on the same property of someone who is going to be rude and doesn't feel comfortable with the situation. I'm going to be living on a construction site. The man's car was parked where I was to drive my car. I .need a refund. I have nowhere to stay and also no money.

3 Replies 3
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

You should not have gone to the property prior to your reservation. If you had concerns about the host not answering your messages you should call airbnb, not go to the property. 

I would not be happy if a guest showed up before the reservation date.

How long ago did you try to contact the host? I recently read a post where a guest contacted the host and wanted to contact airbnb because it had already been one hour and the host was not responding. You need to give a couple of days, some hosts don't acess their messages often. Did you try calling?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Joanne569, I'm sorry to hear about this. Did you contact Airbnb as advised by Luana? 

This link will explain all possible ways to contact Airbnb (in case you haven't contacted them yet) https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Community-Help-EN/page/1/thr...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Joanne569 

I am sorry you had this experience. I agree that your priority should be to call Airbnb.

If there is a problem with your booking they will help cancel it, give you a 10% credit to a new place and help you find something else.

I wouldn't wait a couple of days if you booking is imminent and there has been no contact from the host. Call Airbnb now.

Best of luck.