Cancellation

Answered!
Chi-Tak0
Level 1
Hong Kong

Cancellation

Hi All,

I am currently on a long-term Airbnb for which I am going to leave the stay earlier thus I will cancel the stay.

I understand that I need to pay 30 days accommodation fee from the date of cancellation and I am prepared to pay for it.

However it appears that the host is not responsive as we keep chasing him for a time of returning the keys on the date of cancellation.

Why if we still not receive the response from the host on the date of cancellation, which is a few days to come? Can I just leave the keys in the premises and send him a photo? 

I keep messaging him on Airbnb Message but no feedback.

Thank you in advance.

1 Best Answer
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Chi-Tak0 

Welcome to the community 😊

As the host never response or either Airbnb, I’ll do the same as you thought.

I would take a photo of the keys as I left on the premises, inform the host and attach the photo via Airbnb message for reference.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Chi-Tak0 

Welcome to the community 😊

As the host never response or either Airbnb, I’ll do the same as you thought.

I would take a photo of the keys as I left on the premises, inform the host and attach the photo via Airbnb message for reference.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chi-Tak0  Contact Airbnb customer service and explain the situation and ask them to please tell the host to respond to your messages, and ask them to advise what to do with the keys if he doesn't.

Thanks for sharing, it's helpful.