Cancellation

Buu0
Level 2
Austin, TX

Cancellation

Hi,

I'm a new host on Air Bnb and have a question on cancellations. I increased prices for my place in March (there's a big festival going on in town) and a guest was able to book at the standard price (which was super low for that season). I sent him a special offer that reflected the new price, in which he declined. I made the mistake of cancelling his original reservation. Now I can't go back in the calendar to make the dates available. Help! Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Buu

4 Replies 4
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Blocking of the dates is one of the penalties for canceling. You can call AirBnB, plead ignorance and see if they will unblock the dates, but I think you are wasting your time because the whole point of the penalties is to dissuade host cancellations.

From the guest's point of view, be accepted, paying and then being asked for more money is perceived as being unfair. 

Mario-and-Cata0
Level 4
Medellín, Colombia

Hi.

You learned about the cancellation penalties the hard way. Cancellation from hosts really impacts guests confidency in the platform, so Airbnb encourage host to never cancel, unless a critical issue happens.

As Airbnb has clearly stated that blocking cancelled dates is one of the penalties, there's nothing to do about it. Sorry

Regards

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Buu0 In addition to what others have said, @Mario-and-Cata0@Scott80, please know that since hosts are in total control of their pricing, it is a violation of Airbnb's Terms of Service to ask a guest to pay more than what they paid on a confirmed reservation.  Here's the relevent text from the Terms of Service: 

"Other Members will be able to book your Accommodation via the Site, Application and Services based upon the information provided in your Listing, your Guest requirements, and Guests' search parameters and preferences. You understand and agree that once a Guest requests a booking of your Accommodation, you may not request the Guest to pay a higher price than in the booking request."

So be very careful!!

Rhiannon3
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Buu,

Do you have either of your places free for SXSW festival?