Cancellation

Penny92
Level 1
Napier, New Zealand

Cancellation

Hi,

I cancelled a booking yesterday from my host log in. It is the one for 14-19th February 2018. We won't be able to host then due to a change in our circumstances.

During the cancellation process, it said fees would be waived etc.

I have not received any message confirming the cancellation, the guest has not heard anything from airbnb either and has not received notification of a refund.

The booking is still showing on my calendar.

Please help rectify this.

Many thanks

Penny [Personal information hidden]

8 Replies 8
Jo-Anna1
Level 2
New York, NY

You should never cancel any reservation from your end but rather call Airbnb and get them to understand your situation. They are normally cool about it if you ask them to give you a pass. Furthermore, every host is allowed 3 cancellation every year free of penalty. 

Give them a call again and get a case manager to open up a new case. You should be fine. Simply stuff to beat. Just be persistent and nice. 

Hope I was helpful. 

Every host is allowed 3 cancellations a year?

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2022/how-do-penalty-free-cancellations-work-for-instant-book-hos...

Chnages frequently so please check on current procedure.

David

Sending this from Australia, how do you contact them I keep being given the runaround.

Is there

a contact number in Australia?

Hi Colleen...I too have found it difficult making contact with anyone from this part of the world! I'm from NZ. I managed to speak with someone from South East Asia but the language barrier with a telephone conversation made understanding a problem. Surely there is someone from 'down under' who you can have an actual conversation with about a specific problem??

Marc130
Level 2
California, United States

Getting the run around is typical of Airbnb.  Very frustrating to get answers and to get problems resolved.  Kind of like dealing with the government.

Where do I find a phone number to call Airbnb?  Have been looking all over the website.

Loïc16
Level 1
Le Perreux-sur-Marne, France

Hello, I cancel one of my reservations from the 28th of December until the 8th of January 2018 but I not received any notification. The reservation is still signed in my calendar, how can I remove it?   

Thank you in advance 

Loïc [Personal information hidden] 

Yes how do you remove a cancellation from your calendar, especially as I do not seem to have a " home icon " which is part of the recommended procedure for cancellations.