Cancellations

Helen18
Level 2
Birkenhead, United Kingdom

Cancellations

I have had alot of money taken from me saying that i cancelled a guest which is untrue he was here for 35 days but and it says canneled by host?

Airbnb have refunded this guy with the full amount and i have been paid nothing .I have messaged airbnb with all the private messages me and the last host were having .He wanted me to refund his money for a cancellation for 5 days .airbnb had to do this because airbnb was late in paying me.why has airbnb refunded him 35 days when i did not cancel him and he was staying here.Can i do him for fraud ?

Anyone had this problem ?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Helen18 

35 nights is a "long term stay" reservation, having the "long term stay cancellation policy" attached. If you cancel as a host, then you will be paid the nights the guest has stayed.

In your case (as you describe it) it will be at least approx the first installment payed to you.

If the guest cancels, max. 30 nights after the cancellation date will not be refunded.

Instead of cancelling a stay, also shortening a stay ("change" option) can be an option and is in most cases a more flexible tool.

it is not clear to me why the reservation is cancelled and why Airbnb refunded the guest in full. Something unuseal happened during the stay ?

Helen18
Level 2

Thankyou you been a great help.Am still waiting for Airbnb to get back to me

Helen18
Level 2

i will keep you updated