Cancelled for a guest who told me they couldn't make the dates anymore

Zach1
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Cancelled for a guest who told me they couldn't make the dates anymore

Hey Guys,

New Hosts here 🙂 

Unfortunately, a woman told me she could not cancel without some sort of poor rating, after telling me she could no longer make the dates she asked for and I approved.

Next thing I know, my first rating is "Cancellation 21 days before the date"!

I was simply trying to help this woman out... but did not know I would be punished.

Any ideas on how to reverse this with her permission? Or just in general?

Appreciate all the feedback ahead of time!!

Cheers,

Zach

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Zach1,

Never cancel for a guest as this is only one of the penalties for cancelling on a guest.  Please contact Airbnb and they will most likely take care of this for you.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Nora-and-Hajni0
Level 2
California, United States

If she wrote on Airbnb, it's easy: call Airbnb, they can check the message log for you and remove the negative comment.

Don't cancel for them: they have to take responsibility, and pay the fees, if any. (plus, set your refund policy to the strictest possible, to avouid these situations)

Next time be nice, but don't go the extra mile 😉

Hajni

Thanks guys! Each of you we're correct and Airbnb resolved the issue! Couldn't have done it without you 🙂

Zach

@Zach1,

I am curious how long it took from the time you submitted your question to Airbnb?

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Mary111
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

How do you contact AIrbnb directly?  I have tried to find the direct link, and keep being redirectedd to general question and answers?