Cancelling a reservation and getting full refund?

Answered!
Oğuzhan0
Level 2
Büyükçekmece, Turkey

Cancelling a reservation and getting full refund?

Hey all,

I made a reservation this morning with a credit card that I don't use too often and my bank or airbnb charged me over $70 fee for $356 booking.

Normally I don't pay any fees with my other credit card. So I contacted my host to cancel this reservation and get full refund. But he said he can't do this because of certain airbnb policies.

So I cancelled the booking myself but I got $66,95 refund from total $356 booking. And I asked the rest from the host. But he says he didn't get any notifications about this.

Now I've lost another $289,14 after the $70 fee.

The worst thing is I couldn't anyone on airbnb to discuss this stuation.

I've booked the same place again with my other credit card. Now I have an accepted new reservation for the same place for the same dates.

So I wonder how can I cancel the first reservation and get full refund to my credit card.

Thank you

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Oğuzhan0

Ring the airbnb phone number on your booking confirmation or click the link for other ways to contact customer service.Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Oğuzhan0

Ring the airbnb phone number on your booking confirmation or click the link for other ways to contact customer service.Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

Bruna-and-Siana0
Level 10
Santa Clara, CA

We had a guest that had exactly the same problem, he booked with the wrong card, cancelled and rebooked. Call AirBnB and they should refund you (but I think you'll have to eat the bank fees).

In our case, we (as hosts) called AirBnB and they automatically issued the refund to the guest. If you booked the same place, the host/AirBnB (host hasnt receided the payment yet) should refund you.

Oğuzhan0
Level 2
Büyükçekmece, Turkey

@Jeff158@Bruna-and-Siana0 thank you guys for helping me.

I've contacted with them via the link that Jeff shared and they called me back. They were very helpful. I believe I'll get a full refund on airbnb but they won't be able to refund the extra fee that my bank charged me (which make sense). And I don't think my bank will refund this fee either.

This is really ridiculous, we are paying for something but we don't know actually how much we are getting charged. They can double our cost without our knowledge and we won't have any word on that.

Diane378
Level 2
Singapore

Hello everyone, i have issues with refund as well, can anyone help me please or atleast give me an idea on how to get my money back.

my case was this, i accidentally booked 21 nights in Biarritz, France with the amount of 4,324.26 euro, hosted by Michel Agence First last March 25, 2018 and i didn't even realized it only after 2 days. so i cancel that booking, that was last March 27... and immidiately received the cancellation approved through email, they said they will refund me the amount of 3,970.00 euro, but then until now they didn't give my money back in my account. when i call Airbnb they said its the host's choice to give or not to give my refund...

can anyone help me here please.

thanks

Oğuzhan0
Level 2
Büyükçekmece, Turkey

Hi Diane, 

Did you get any email with this subject "Airbnb Reservation Canceled" after canceling your reservation?

If so, open it and click the "View original receipt" link to can see your current details.

You should be able to see your cancelation policy, how much they refunded and at which cards etc.