Cannot find my listing (ANSWER)

Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

Cannot find my listing (ANSWER)

Hi All,

i am writing this post for all those people that write in weekly with the heading "Cannot find my listing".

Although there may be several reasons why your property is NOT coming up on search, the most common reason is...

Airbnb uses a search algorithm to select properties in searches based on the criteria of the search.  Therefore when you do a search for your own property in your own area, the airbnb search engine "randomly" or "selectively" chooses what properties to present as the search result.  This is because Airbnb does not want to show hundreds/thousands of results.  They do not want to overwhelm customers with hundreds of properties and more specifically Airbnb does not want to look like suburbs are overrun with Airbnb properties.  This is why sometimes you can find your place and other times not.  The chance of your property being found can also be attributed to the Airbnb algorithm which in my opinion gives priortiy to hosts that regularily update their calendar, do not cancel bookings, in general aim to adhere to Superhosts requirements.

Give me a thumbs up if that helped.

Here are some articles on the matter.

http://rentingyourplace.com/airbnb-101/creating-an-airbnb-listing/seo/

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/39/how-are-search-results-determined

81 Replies 81
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Marcus0 You're absolutely right.  Hosts don't search for their listings like a guest would.  Guests filter their searches by location, price, number of guests, dates and amenities.  That's when the appropriate listing will show up.  I'm now refering these questions to Search the Community since I'm tired of answering them.  🙂

I apparently have a listing that I can't access, but I get messages saying that people have used instant booking to book a room!  When I do a search of my area I see the listing, but when I go to my own site it is not there, so I can't check reservations or adjust the listing.  I really need to turn off instant listing, and I'd really like to know when someone reserves a room!  I know for sure that some students reserved rooms for a few days in July through this invisible (to my account), and that's fine, but I only know that because of that instant listing thing - she was able to text me.  If she hadn't done that I would have had no idea she had reserved a room.  Somehow my house was listed 3 times.  I removed one listing (I actually wanted to keep that one, because it included staying with me and bringing horses) with the hope that they have a 2-listing limit or something, and that then I'd be able to see this mystery listing, but it didn't work.

The name of the listing is:  Horse Farm Near the City.  It's in Mequon, WI.

Thank you thank you thank you if you can help me!!!!!!

Brenda

Thank you for any help you can give me.  Oh, and when I look at the listing the price is also wrong - no wonder so many people seem to be interested in it!  

@Brenda27 I'm totally confused!

You say that you "apparently" have a listing that you cannot access.  What do you mean? Do you mean you can't log into your account?

When I looked at your listing you don't have Instant Book turned on.  Did you change it? Also, I see you only have 1 listing.  Can you give more detail about it's being listed 3 times?

Seems like you need to have some quality time with Airbnb support to get this straightened out.  Click on the link below to see all the ways you can contact Airbnb.  

Hello Clare,

I am a new host in Manali India. My apartment is listed, and settings and calendar are correct but  no one can find in any search. I have asked friends in 2 other countries outside India but none can find it. There are only about 30 listings for apartments n this area and search does not work with any filters. Does it take some time for the listing to be shown? I will not be able to get bookings and then good reviews if no guests can find it! Thank you Duni chand

@Dunichand0 LIke the others, I can't find your listing no matter what I do. I expanded the search area, etc, but yoiur place never appeared. I recommend contacting AirbnB for help:   Contact Airbnb

Caroline53
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I've not cancelled any bookings, was merited to superhost status, and for weeks now not received any bookings. So I decided to search for my listing.  It just does not appear anywhere!???

What can one do about this?

Well, my dear @Caroline53 I just did a search for your listing and it was the first listing on the first page! And, that was without using any filters! That's quite a feat considering the 100's of listings in your city.  I just went to Cape Town, SA and there it was.  

Narivana0
Level 2
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia

That's very nice, but it's still a mystery why we can't find our own listings -- in my case I search for 'Pattaya' only, no other filters, and I've tried signing out and searching again anonymously: it shows up in neither case on the entire 17 pages.

Perhaps the system somehow recognises the IP address and then doesn't show you your own listing (quite rightly, since nobody in their right mind would want to stay at their own place). But why not just say so and put a lot of people's minds at rest? Silly.

When I couldn't find my listing, I used my friend's computer (in case they tracked the IP address) entered dates I knew my property was available, and my property did not come up! 

I emailed Airb twice and included a screen capture of the map of my community, and never rec'd a response to that.

I had same issue, clear ALL your history in browser. Mine showed up after that. Good luck. Or Call: 855-424-7262

Hi. Ive got thé same problèm, m'y location does not appear even if I selected exactly thé right adress. Any idéa?

Hi. Ive got thé same problèm, m'y location does not appear even if I selected exactly thé right adress. Any idéa?

Hi Emily,

Same pRoblem...

You emailed Airb, what's the adress? I couldn't find any "customers service" or "support" at the site...

@Emily42, even with a lot of filters (there are zillions of places around Disney!), your place didn't show up until I selected some available dates with a 4-night min stay. Perhaps you should consider reducing that. Anyway, your listing DOES show up.

My point, once again, is that ALL listings can be found. If one seems to not be findable, it's either because of massive competition (high hundreds or thousands of listings) or because the filters aren't specific enough.